Wednesday car break update

haas

Wednesday car break update

Post by haas »

Today's break-in update is brought to you by the letter "U"

Sunday: 6 cars, 3 climber's cars at the lode/drive by + 3 tourists' cars on State Park land

Monday: None

Tuesday: 3 cars at drive by/lode

Wednesday: 1 car and a near miss at Roadside

Total: 10 cars, 4 days.

Also, I was told by Miguel and Sarah that a car was broken into at the Muir Valley parking lot, can this be verified by anyone? If this is true, that's really fucked up.

Today (Wednesday) a Van from Texas was broken into and my van was being approached by one of the guys with a slim jim but sketched out, probably because they saw JR in the woods watching. Sarah Ventura, Roger, and JR watched the first car get broken into and got the liscense plate of the car (it's a Probe so beware) and have since called the cops but none has shown up yet. We'll see if them watching the first breakin will be enough to do something with...
wta

Post by wta »

Moved to hidden forum to keep what we are up to kinda quiet.
Overcammed

Post by Overcammed »

Hey all. Definately interested in a resolution to this problem, mainly cause I'm really paranoid about leaving my Pathfinder down there now...I've always thought the alarm would keep it safe, but I guess not.

I remember when I was in Kauai, they had a similar problem (worse) there. Picture hundreds of tourists on an economically depressed island (since the sugarcane went out, work is hard to come by), driving rental convertibles with luggage and other valuables inside.

I seem to remember that they had a good solution to the problem, but obviously in an area like that, tourism is really important, so I think the government or businesses paid to have a "break-in task force". Eventually, if this were to get bad enough, I would imagine local RRG businesses would want something like that...though I know money is tight all around there.

I'll research what they did in Kauai some more, in case we could do that here too.

By the way, for those of you who know me, I used to go by "CincySam" on here.
http://www.cincioutdoors.com
http://www.climbohio.com
http://www.schuttecentral.com
http://www.myspace.com/overcammed
squeezindlemmon

Re: Wednesday car break update

Post by squeezindlemmon »

haas wrote:Also, I was told by Miguel and Sarah that a car was broken into at the Muir Valley parking lot, can this be verified by anyone? If this is true, that's really fucked up.
Please do verify this as the Webers would really like to know if this happens in Muir. Thanks.
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our mind. ~Bob Marley
Horatio Felacio

Post by Horatio Felacio »

haas wrote:Sarah Ventura, Roger, and JR watched the first car get broken into and got the liscense plate of the car (it's a Probe so beware) and have since called the cops but none has shown up yet. We'll see if them watching the first breakin will be enough to do something with...
dark blue probe? i was at the motherlode parking lot yesterday while the lurkist was dispensing of the vehicle and a dark blue probe pulled up to me, asked me if i needed help, then pulled off. sounds normal, but it was quite weird. big guy in the passenger seat with a beard. maybe a girl? driving? didn't get a good look.
Yo HO!! Just got me a code red and some funyons big dawg!!! SHIT YEAH! - Ray, excited about his breakfast
Paul3eb

Post by Paul3eb »

haas wrote:(it's a Probe so beware)
those bastards!! i saw them drive by me at the lode!! i could identify them if the time came and could probably give a description of the car and family. just so you guys know, i'll describe them for you:

blue ford probe.. one of the newer models before it was discontinued
white male, late thirties, early forties, brown hair
white female, a little younger, yellow blonde hair
kid in the back

they waved as they passed.. they had a kid so i thought they were locals.. with a kid!!
and great loves will one day have to part -smashing pumpkins
haas

Post by haas »

that's them, I also saw them when I took the back way into Jailhouse. We saw them come barreling down the road and then took off when we got back to the car. Fuckers in a blue probe
Paul3eb

Post by Paul3eb »

if anyone sees them.. don't do anything! don't let them know we're on to them or they'll just walk off and nothing will really happen
and great loves will one day have to part -smashing pumpkins
michaelzr2

Post by michaelzr2 »

Dont get me wrong but this plan is kinda dangerous. What happens if they break into a car? Do you stop them or just let it happen? Letting them take off with more stufff doesn't really make that much sense. Sneaking around the woods of Eastern Kentucky also has a tendency to get you shot at. I believe that the most effective means of security would be a road block. You can still video tape and photograph whoever you want but it would be safer. All you need is someone who has a jeep or a large truck to block the road. If the criminals see that people are looking for them, they wont come around. You also need to find a way to have the police on the scene so the criminals cannot escape. Unfortunately, all of this is useless, unless you have a judge that will convict these people and make them serve the time they are sentenced to.
"There's nothin' as dirty as money."
-Goose Creek Symphony
meetVA

Post by meetVA »

how would you roadblock roadside if it came to that?

i think the idea is to still let them get away with the stuff but once you have evidence of them doing it on video then you have a means by which to legally prosecute.

this is a path of non-confrontation. we aren't just randomly trompin' through the woods that climbers wouldn't tromp through anyway.
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
- Robert McCloskey

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
- Emo Philips