What is this?

Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

I spoke with KSP at the Moorehead Post yesterday, which covers Wolfe County. I'm also getting in touch with Tom Hall. Lurkist, PM me and let me know with whom you spoke. I can probably get the trooper's cell number so that we can call direct. Sorry that I didn't get around to the Richmond post before you did. I was out of pocket Wednesday 8)
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

I almost forgot, one of the guys who works at Miguel's (I think his name is Chris? I'm not sure) he has a video camera. He has blond hair with tattoos on his arms. Does anyone know him well enough to approach him? I'll ask him if he'll help Sat morning if we don't talk to him before hand.
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I'm bringing 2 video cameras, and with what others have said, it looks like we have that part of it covered.
TheWenisPrinkle

Post by TheWenisPrinkle »

What makes you all so sure that if they see you taping the incident that they wont use force to get the tape and escape. This sounds like it could go bad quickly. Picture Meth rattled person(s) after a good long tweak breaking into a car to steal item to sell to get another hit, then bam here is a bunch of do gooder city folk taping your crime to try a send you to jail, but you dont want to go to jail. Then you remember the gun you have in your pocket. Cut to end shot junky selling camera and gear in some pawn shop only to be caught in a week or two.

You city folks talk about your problems, in eastern kentucky we bury ours in the hollors --- Faculty member at a rural Ky school

I dont want to see anyone hurt over a bunch of gear.
The act of kicking a dog contains a certain amount of therapeutic value....
Sco Bro

Post by Sco Bro »

If the value of the property is $300 or more it’s a felony. KRS 514.030 (2); http://www.lrc.state.ky.us/KRS/514-00/030.PDF

“A private person may make an arrest when a felony has been committed in fact and he has probable cause to believe that the person being arrested has committed it.” KRS 431.005 (5), http://www.lrc.state.ky.us/KRS/431-00/005.PDF

Just had a chance to get on the thread, thanks for adding me. I agree that we need to catch these bozos on tape and that we need to stay concealed while doing it to avoid a dangerous and violent confrontation. However, as noted by Wenis, there's always the chance that the bozo(s) will see the surveillance team. Just like climbing, those participating simply need to be aware of the risks.

With that said, these fuckers need to be caught and they're not going away until then. I'll be there Saturday morning, I don't have any camera equipment, but I'll pitch in however I can help.
Last edited by Sco Bro on Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sco Bro

Post by Sco Bro »

Also, if anyone wants to kick in a junk handgun (unloaded) to place in the bait vehicle then theft of it, regardless or worth, is a felony. KRS 514.030 (2)(b), http://www.lrc.state.ky.us/KRS/514-00/030.PDF

That way we don’t have to worry about some clever defense lawyer arguing that the value of the stolen cams is only $295 as evidenced by the going rate of used cams on eBay.
captain static

Post by captain static »

I spoke with DBNF Stanton District Ranger Joy Malone earlier today and apparently there were a couple of break-ins on FS land over the weekend but she didn't have any details. FS Law Enforcement in the Gorge is now based out of the Gladie Center and the phone number there during the day is 606-663-8100. I will see everyone tomorrow morning.
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
haas

Post by haas »

Spragwa wrote:I almost forgot, one of the guys who works at Miguel's (I think his name is Chris? I'm not sure) he has a video camera. He has blond hair with tattoos on his arms. Does anyone know him well enough to approach him? I'll ask him if he'll help Sat morning if we don't talk to him before hand.
His name is Eric and he's real cool, shouldn't be a problem.
kneebar

Post by kneebar »

Thanks for getting me involved. I am going to have to pass this weekend since I'm still sick. I hope this continues for other weekends. I have a old video camera that could be used as bait. Works fine, just old, bad zoom, poor quality. Its a good plan to do the 2 hour shifts, we just don't want it to be too obvious coming and going. With this amount of people involved its not going to stay a secret for long. Best of luck this weekend, happy hunting!
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

Sco Bro wrote:Also, if anyone wants to kick in a junk handgun (unloaded) to place in the bait vehicle then theft of it, regardless or worth, is a felony. KRS 514.030 (2)(b), http://www.lrc.state.ky.us/KRS/514-00/030.PDF

That way we don’t have to worry about some clever defense lawyer arguing that the value of the stolen cams is only $295 as evidenced by the going rate of used cams on eBay.
Okay, let's all take a break and a deep breath. NO HANDGUN. Also, do not approach. There are better ways to approach this. No matter how careful we are, there is no way to know what would happen with a handgun. Do you want to be responsible for said handgun killing someone after the theif escapes? (if you respond with "he won't get away" then you're ignorant) I repeat No Handgun. Bad idea.

We should stay hidden. In each "team" we will have someone who gets cell service available with their phone and we'll give y'all the number to Post in Richmond. If the "tweaker"/theif sees you and approaches, drop the goddamn camera and run. Do not get hurt over this. It's common sense.

-Everlast