Red River Ruckus

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.

Red River Ruckus DVD:

You may select 1 option

View results

Power2U

Red River Ruckus

Post by Power2U »

Who saw the Red River Ruckus Video at Miguel's this past weekend?

I thought Spencer did a really good job with the video. He really put a lot of time and effort into it. I heard he sold a bunch of copies that night. He also did a good job giving Miguel and Susan kudos for all they have done for the Gorge and climbers. If you think about what Miguel has done over teh past 20 years it really is amazing.

For $20 you can't go wrong with The Red River Ruckus, IMO. Keep your eyes peeled for a review of the DVD in the mag's coming soon as he sent them a copy this week.

What did you think of it?
Lest we all forget... climbing is a mostly meaningless pursuit that we do for fun.
squeezindlemmon

Post by squeezindlemmon »

I thought it was great! The only comment I have is that I wish there were more trad routes featured, but then again, this is the RED.

Two thumbs up, definitely!
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our mind. ~Bob Marley
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

I bought it and thought it was very well done. I agree, it would've been cool if more trad routes were featured, but trad is slower to climb than sport, and not as conducive to a high-energy video (though Parallelojams looks like it's going to be awesome). Plus, everyone can understand that it's hard as shit to crimp on a tiny little thing in the Madness Cave, while difficult moves in trad aren't always as obvious to an audience.
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
michaelzr2

Post by michaelzr2 »

This movie can only be described with one word, "AWESOME". I'm glad that there was a good turn out and so much support for Spencer's movie. Good times all weekend.
"There's nothin' as dirty as money."
-Goose Creek Symphony
Stewy911

Post by Stewy911 »

yea this film rocks. makes me want to train hard but that won't happen, i'll just continue drinking beer
Who Me? I gotta hitch hike god damn 18 miles to get a god damn beer......that's bullshit.
meetVA

Post by meetVA »

talking to spencer it looks like a trad video is in the brewin' in his noggin'. something about a video of se climbing.

i think the video was great but would have liked to see more "perspective" shots. ie see a far-off shot to get a sense of what the entirety of the climb was like.
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
- Robert McCloskey

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
- Emo Philips
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

I laughed, I cried, it was much better than Cats.

It would've been cool to see more women climbers in the video.
KD

Post by KD »

Very good film! The climbers did awsome on the routes - really showed the gorge as a fun climbing area. It was cool having the locals in it to give a sense of place to the film. nice job.
Rhya

Post by Rhya »

where can i buy a copy?

:)
~~~~RhYa

"Exhaust the little moment
--for too soon it always dies.
May it be a moment of the Heavens, or one of the Earth
--it will never again come in the same guise."
Rhya, 2005
squeezindlemmon

Post by squeezindlemmon »

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our mind. ~Bob Marley