What MV route is this?

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?
Steve

What MV route is this?

Post by Steve »

I see they are still lopping off mountains in Eastern Kentucky. Electricity isn't cheap.
J-Rock

Post by J-Rock »

Looks like "First Fall". Karla did the FA on that one. The sport route next to it is "Blue Collar".
Last edited by J-Rock on Tue May 10, 2005 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those iron spikes you use have shortened the life expectancy of the Totem Pole by 50,000 years."

--A Navaho elder
ynot

Post by ynot »

The Red has is it all?
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
Jrodan

Post by Jrodan »

It's a few hundred feet right of the sanctuary. It might be "crackin' up," although I'm really not sure.
ynot

Post by ynot »

First Fall is really good. It doesnt let up on you much.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
J-Rock

Post by J-Rock »

She easily onsighted it and tried to continue to the actual clifftop, but ended up slipping off of some moss at the very top resulting in a huge whipper and a broken ankle. I suggested that we leave the gear and return for it the next weekend. She refused and made me climb it to retrieve our gear and bolt some anchors. I grabbed the Annihilator and climbed up while she propped up her lopsided foot and belayed me. When I reached the ledge I noticed that the #2 Metolius TCU that caught her fall was in a rotten horizontal with only one cam lobe in the rock and the biner was open. I was afraid to weight the piece so I quickly placed two bolts while balancing on the ledge and then rappeled down. The hike out was the grueling part...
"Those iron spikes you use have shortened the life expectancy of the Totem Pole by 50,000 years."

--A Navaho elder
pawilkes

Post by pawilkes »

not to be an asshole but on "climbing.com" they say its a "classic crack". how can something less than a couple years old be "classic"?
Sand inhibits the production of toughtosterone, so get it out and send.
squeezindlemmon

Post by squeezindlemmon »

I think the caption said "Muir Valley Classic Crack"... since First Fall is ~ the 5th route that went up in MV, in MV terms, that'd make it a classic, right? :?
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our mind. ~Bob Marley
diggum

Post by diggum »

Damn squeeze! You're one hard ass little lady. I dig that about you. :D
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha
squeezindlemmon

Post by squeezindlemmon »

diggum digs me! :wink: :mrgreen:
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our mind. ~Bob Marley