Dog Mauling at Torrent

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Spragwa

Dog Mauling at Torrent

Post by Spragwa »

Mark's dog, the one with no teeth, was mauled by someone's dog at Torrent. The person's dog was on a leash but Mark's dog did nothing to provoke. If the person does not fess up to Mark and accept responsibility, i.e. pay the bill and apologize, Mark is considering closing Torrent.

The dog was seriously hurt. It had drains put in to keep the wounds clear. Mark's vet must be a saint though b/c the vet bill was less than $200. I'm sure that people know who did this. Do you want to be known as the jerk who had Torrent closed down? Please come forward, if not here then just go to Torrent and make peace with Mark. Thank you.
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

I can vouch that Nala was in Bloomington the entire weekend.

That's wild, though. Whoever knows anything about it, please do go talk to Mark. Losing Torrent would be a huge price for the climbing community to pay for one person's hesitance to step forward.
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

We had dinner at Marks on Sat and he told us about it. He and Kathy were understandibly upset.
He never mentioned anything about feeling like closing the climbing, but our conversation really didn't take a turn in that direction.
They spend so much time at the bbq now, and I am sure it is their main focus. They are always busy, when not making and serving food, running the shop and the via ferati, I am sure there is always something else to do there.
They have been more than GREAT to climbers ever since they purchased the property, and everyone knows that Torrent is a classic area for climbing at the Red.
I hope too, that whoever was responsible will own up to it and talk to them. Pay the vet bill and apologise.

Heads up to everyone else, myself included.

Be respectful of his place, and the very few rules there (leash your dog, don't cuss...there are folks renting cabins there too) drop a couple of bucks in the well whenever you climb, and be friendly!

As far as all that goes, it'd be nice to take that additude with you no matter where you climb.
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

Is it known if the dog was the the responsibility of climbers, guests at the cabins, an onlooker, stray, what?
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

It was a climbers dog on a "long leash"
Marks daughter heard the commotion and went up.
According to Mark, the climber picked his dog up by the collar and Marks dog was still hanging from its' mouth.
He told Marks daughter that she should have her dog on a leash, and his daughter replied "this is My property".
The climber seemed to change his additude after that.
ynot

Post by ynot »

It was a climbers dog.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

Just to clarify, it was about three weeks ago. The guy was a climber. If you have info, please contact Mark.
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast
allah

Post by allah »

What kind of dog was it?
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

I don't know. I'm dedicated to keeping this thread prevalent though. So as I learn more information, I'll let y'all know.

-Everlast
young'n climber

Post by young'n climber »

Yasmeen wrote:I can vouch that Nala was in Bloomington the entire weekend.
This was the day after the derby yas it wasn't the past week. Wasn't Nala there that weekend?, but we all know it wasn't her.
Alan Evil is a whiney fucking bitch.
_____

The quest for certainty blocks the search for meaning. Uncertainty is the very condition to impel man to unfold his powers.