Nelson Rocks

Other Crags, Aid Climbing, Bouldering, etc...

Nelson Rocks

Post by Guest »

What's to climb there?
overhung

Post by overhung »

Tons. Two fins of towering rock, similar to Seneca. Lots of loose rock though. Bolted and trad. Lots of moderate stuff. Multi-pitch as well. Check out www.wvclimbing.com
I've had just about enough of this shit.
andy_lemon

Post by andy_lemon »

Stu is a cool guy, I think he owns wvclimbing.com as well as Nelson Rocks Preserve. Some of the routes are listed here:

http://www.rockclimbing.com/routes/list ... reaID=3364
Steve

Post by Steve »

Its a nice anti-scene from Seneca Rocks. At least it used to be, now that there is a website and the area has made it into a guide I'm sure it is busier. About 3 years ago we'd go there and be the only people there. It has more of a crag like feel than Seneca and there are several bolted moderate lines. Weather is probabbly similar to Seneca and the rock climbs aobut the same. If you go check out Ed's Fudge Shop that line is super sweet.
I see they are still lopping off mountains in Eastern Kentucky. Electricity isn't cheap.
merrick

Post by merrick »

who is nelson and why does he rock?
Back from the Dead!
sparky

Post by sparky »

nelson was this crazy fucker who used to create these big chunks of rock that we now climb on. one day he got this crazy idea to make this super thin and fairly tall rock fin that should just fall over but hasn't, we call it seneca. Nelson rocks is just seneca's little brothers
" climb like hell and die" dipsi
merrick

Post by merrick »

oh, and here i thought i had something to do with the simpsons...
Back from the Dead!
john e aragon

Post by john e aragon »

this place rocks! mid june this year only 3 other parties there. do Millenium 5.7, 6 pitches best of the grade i have done on the east coast!

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:06 pm.
because i can