Sad News

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Crankmas

Sad News

Post by Crankmas »

Apparently Ellie Chevieux was murdered in Afghanistan along with a companion. I got the condensed news line off Rockclimbing.com dated yesterday, had beened stoned to death in Kabul.
spuzo

Post by spuzo »

"I enjoyed a Guinness after I got back home from Palm Sunday Mass." - Captain Static

"Listen, you heard what I said. Do you want me to donate or not charlie. Suck it up and procreate." - Andrew
tomdarch

Post by tomdarch »

Chevieux's father, Georges, said his son had left Geneva in October on a photography trip that had already taken him to Russia, Japan, India and Nepal.

“He probably died for taking one photo too many,” Chevieux told the daily “Le Matin”.
The agency reiterated a warning to tourists not to travel to Afghanistan as security has deteriorated in the run-up to elections.
They took a really big risk in traveling there. It's sad that this happened.
Bacon is meat candy.
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

I love the part about security being cut before the elections. Now, little ol Georgie wouldn't do that would he?
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
jefflehmkuhl

Post by jefflehmkuhl »

I read that today on climbing.com...sucks man, I can't imagine that happening to me...Scary shit! :shock: :| :cry:
young'n climber

Post by young'n climber »

On a later note, the Beheading of the American in Iraq is also some sad stuff. I walk outside to get my newspaper this morning and the Headline picture is the father and brother of this man collapsed on the ground weeping, it was very upsetting. Is this the cost we were willing to pay for war in Iraq?
Alan Evil is a whiney fucking bitch.
_____

The quest for certainty blocks the search for meaning. Uncertainty is the very condition to impel man to unfold his powers.
ynot

Post by ynot »

Our youngun is bcomeing a grown one.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
superjen

Post by superjen »

jefflehmkuhl wrote:I read that today on climbing.com...sucks man, I can't imagine that happening to me...Scary shit! :shock: :| :cry:
so canada is sounding better and better, huh?

8)
..those who can most truly be accounted brave are those who best know the meaning of what is sweet in life and what is terrible, and then go out, undeterred, to meet what is to come. -Pericles
Crankmas

Post by Crankmas »

no Canada still sucks, aye
air canada

Post by air canada »

Crankmas wrote:no Canada still sucks, aye
You should lay off the crack, man. Its messing you up.
Never mess with a local!