Rate the Route - Online Guide

Having problems with the board or the online guidebook?
Suggestions welcome.
Danny

Post by Danny »

One problem that might arise is people biasing their rating to make their vote count more to push the average toward what they really think the route is. I think the +/- 2 number grade window will help this but biasing votes could still be a problem. Here's an idea to avoid this. Make it so a user can't see the average until after they have voted. If they don't want to vote there can be an option to not vote and then see the average. Maybe a non voter can vote again after a year or so. Of course someone can always go in as another user to see the average but I would like to vote before I see the average so I'm not biased. An opposite problem might be people wanting to go with the concensus once they see the average. In anycase, this feature will be cool as long as people keep it honest.
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

Great idea, Danny.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
Homer

Post by Homer »

One thing I think would be useful with this feature, is being able to see what routes you have already graded/voted on from your ticklist. I think it would help promote people inputing more data.

If you arent voting/grading as you populate your ticklist, or have populated your ticklist before the voting/grading feature was available, it is difficute to remember which routes you have already voted/graded unless you do it all in one daunting sitting.
"Trying is the first step toward failure"

~Homer
ynot

Post by ynot »

your prifile pic is seriuosly cool
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

It's funny to me that, despite this feature, people still feel the need to post a comment on a route's page with their vote. "It's not enough just to vote - people must know how I voted! Especially if my vote didn't drag the average down to where I think it should be!"
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
Pru

Post by Pru »

the route comments are some of the funniest stuff on this website
tunedvwgti

Post by tunedvwgti »

I can't wait for the new guidebook to come out next week! It will be interesting to check out the different ratings.... It was interesting going back and reading this post that is a few years old, now that the new book is out in one week....
ynot

Post by ynot »

It would be nice if we could edit our own comments. Sometimes you find out later that you were wrong.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
clif

Re: Rate the Route - Online Guide

Post by clif »

Why don't people understanad that Facebook is really awful? Are these the same people who drive off the Motherlode Hill into the trees? This site is great. But, why is the latest 'route comments' gone?
training is for people who care, i have a job.