Is this going to be in the online guidebook anytime soon?

Having problems finding a crag or a route?
ray
Site Admin

Re: Is this going to be in the online guidebook anytime soon

Post by ray »

Sure I’ll plug it in if I get the info from Troy. Cheers to more developed sandstone in Kentucky. I bet the Richmond people are psyched. I do hope someone takes the drone away from whoever made that promo though.
DrRockso

Post by DrRockso »

Chiyram wrote:
DrRockso wrote:
Chiyram wrote:Rule #22. The Cathedral Domain requires that all climbers must use a clip stick to the first anchor before beginning any climbing route.

Stick clip to the First set of anchors? That's a long stick clip and does that mean there is multi pitch routes?
Yes, there is 2 bolt anchor every 10 feet which makes a lot of the routes 3-4 pitches!

I think you missed climbing 101 on the definition of an anchor, per wikipedia: "In rock climbing, an anchor can be any device or method for attaching a climber, a rope, or a load to the climbing surface, typically rock, ice, steep dirt, or a building - either permanently or temporarily. The intention of an anchor is case-specific but is usually for fall protection, primarily fall arrest and fall restraint."

Oh right, I forgot we call every "bolt" an anchor now. That must have happened in the last week or so.
Even Merriam Webster knows! Anchor: 8. mountaineering : a fixed object (such as a tree or a piton) to which a climber's rope is secured.
caribe

Post by caribe »

I hear if you pray for 10 min in the parking lot you can get in free AND you can free solo.
Chiyram

Post by Chiyram »

Oh right, I forgot we call every "bolt" an anchor now. That must have happened in the last week or so.[/quote]
Even Merriam Webster knows! Anchor: 8. mountaineering : a fixed object (such as a tree or a piton) to which a climber's rope is secured.[/quote]

Never said it was incorrect, just not typical. Funny in the 7 years we have been climbing you've never used that terminology for bolts...
DrRockso

Post by DrRockso »

Legal documents and verbiage is often purposefully broad or all encompassing, I would have wrote it the same way.
J-Ru

Post by J-Ru »

The video claims the routes are "professionally bolted". Who certifies these professionals and what are their credentials? Seriously though, I wonder if that claim might open them or a bolter up to liability if something goes wrong.
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

Troy bolted them and I think there was some sort of compensation involved. That might imply a contract and thus enter into a professional relationship. Unless Troy is sitting on millions I don't know about, it would be the church with the assets that someone would go after.