Agonizingly Close....

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
samwisedhiman

Re: Agonizingly Close....

Post by samwisedhiman »

spray mode activated : fell on on last dead point on golden boy about 4 times now, twas the season of one hangs! Not everyone can be a freak like dave
Cromper

Post by Cromper »

In all reality though I did one project this season that will never see a second ascent and rust in peace in the middle of nowhere and I ticked one new rock climb on rrclimbing. I climbed one day a week for 90 percent of the fall and I still had fun.
pumpout2004

Post by pumpout2004 »

Wanna know a secret Sam? I can't do golden boy either...hardest on the wall. Scott please describe your route (that none of us will ever see) so we can imagine it in all its glory. And lastly did everyone see this photo from RRGCC? Jeff Moll on The Madness in ~1995. Very cool!
Attachments
Madness95'.jpg
Chuffer juice!
businessprofessional

Post by businessprofessional »

Hell yea! I saw that picture on Facebook and tried to like it a million times, but it would only let me do one. The cave looks WAY different with no chalk or permas. Awesome!
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Look how much bigger the holds were back then. Those dudes were so weak.
Living the dream
Toy

Post by Toy »

That's one perspective Andrew. Of course, another might be "those new guys must be fat"
Cromper

Post by Cromper »

http://imgur.com/a/PGSLw

Here it is Dave; a dirty arete.
Nick

Post by Nick »

That dirty arete looks pretty good in the picture Cromper. The face to the right looks promising too!

After a great season of clipping bolts I got a little cocky and thought I'd do a nice little lap up Rite of Passage (it's only 5.9 right?). I climbed the initial lieback with flawless dawn wall technique that i got from Ondra's latest instagram feed, but the 8 cams I placed in 35' made my biceps so pumped I thought I was going to puke. Fortunately I didn't fall yet because i had my feet so desperately jammed in the crack that my ankles would have been eligible for an episode of Scarred. Not able to commit to the last crux V0 dihedral to the anchors I lowered in fear and shame. I defeatedly handed my remaining cams to businessprofessional who was too disgusted with my performance to even make eye contact, then he walked up it.

So yeah, I need to improve my trad game. Anyone wanna buy a rack?
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Toy wrote:That's one perspective Andrew. Of course, another might be "those new guys must be fat"

yea the new guys broke all the holds.
Living the dream
businessprofessional

Post by businessprofessional »

Good story Nick! And so, so true!

I think think I'm going to take up trad climbing full time and leave the bolt clipping behind. I've heard that training for trad climbing mostly entails drinking beer and bitching about sackless sport climbers. I could get into that kind of scene.