Unpublished route left of Horny Bitch

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?
Ascentionist

Unpublished route left of Horny Bitch

Post by Ascentionist »

Anyone know anything about the left facing arching dihedral left of HB at Fortress? Seems like in the cobwebs of memory there was a conversation about this long ago. Maybe even on KY Wilderness. It looks like thin hands to fingers. From the approach I could see faded tat at the end of the crack with miles of face above. I no longer have all of my old guidebooks to check for a vague reference. I'm sure it was "Route 53 5.9 *" in some old typewriter font mimeographed guide but I can't remember for the life of me.
Attachments
Fortress - Unknown - Copy.JPG
There is no TEAM in I
Bruisebrother

Re: Unpublished route left of Horny Bitch

Post by Bruisebrother »

I've got an old book. Could it be Route 52 5.9 left of H.B. fa Molzon ?
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

Yeah, it says Route 52, 5.9 was 60 ft left of HB and is a right facing crack for 60 ft that ends on a ledge.
Ascentionist

Post by Ascentionist »

I'm pretty sure this is Route 52 below. The left facing dihedral pictured above is between the route in the photo below and HB. The guidebook description seems to be ambiguous. The left facing dihedral is about 60 ft left of HB but the photo below is a right facing crack.

The other distinction is that the route below seems to end on the big ledge (far far right end) and the left facing dihedral does not.
Attachments
Fortress - Route 52.JPG
There is no TEAM in I
Ascentionist

Post by Ascentionist »

Regardless, one of the two cracks does not show up in modern guidebooks. The left-facing dihedral looks like a more appealing line, but the gb descriptions seem to point to the ugly wide right-facing flake/dihedral thing.
There is no TEAM in I