crash pad under when doves cry

Selling some gear? Find or lose something?
teambitchclip

crash pad under when doves cry

Post by teambitchclip »

Hey, I had left my mad rock crash pad under when doves cry at pistol ridge because I had been returning fairly often and didnt want to haul it up every time. Much to my dismay, I ran up there today to grab it for the winter and it was missing. If anyone snagged it thinking it was forgotten or the like I would really appeciate it back. I had no problem with others using it. Just was hoping with the other stuff i left up there it would be left up there. Thanks.
ynp1

Re: crash pad under when doves cry

Post by ynp1 »

I lost a rope up there many years ago when I was working hidden dragon... It is not a safe place to stash stuff. Even though it seems like it should be fine. Only climbers go up there...
I don't have haters, I have fans in denial.
milspecmark

Post by milspecmark »

I cant think of what a non climber could use a crash pad for. Thats a bummer, I hope it turns up.
MurphMan

Post by MurphMan »

It is kinda sad that so many climbers don't understand basic etiquette. I saw some new climbers taking permadraws off a route. Luckily when I explained that they are there because it makes it easier to clean they put them back. Hope your pad shows up!
milspecmark

Post by milspecmark »

did they come with a wrench?
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

MurphMan wrote:It is kinda sad that so many climbers don't understand basic etiquette.
I couldn't agree more! Since when is it cool to stash a crash pad on forest service land? Stashing pads isn't an acceptable practice in RMNP where the approaches are significantly longer and more strenuous; why would it be acceptable here?
Cromper

Post by Cromper »

Raiden wrote:
MurphMan wrote:It is kinda sad that so many climbers don't understand basic etiquette.
I couldn't agree more! Since when is it cool to stash a crash pad on forest service land? Stashing pads isn't an acceptable practice in RMNP where the approaches are significantly longer and more strenuous; why would it be acceptable here?
Very surprised no one said this earlier
monty4355

Post by monty4355 »

tbwilsonky

Post by tbwilsonky »

yes. we have a real pad stashing crisis in the DBNF.

way to stay on top of this ethical quagmire, people.
haunted.
monty4355

Post by monty4355 »

According to some it seems the Red might be the next bouldering capital of the East!