Poop at Roadside

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
steep4me

Poop at Roadside

Post by steep4me »

Went to Roadside this weekend. Yes, I registered and donated $. Saw a group of people there from Michigan (about 6-7 people) who did not register. The owner talked to them politely about the rules etc. Then, I heard the group discussing where to go next. One guy said, " let's go to Torrent." I said, "Do you have a cabin at Torrent?" He said, "No, we were just going to go over and check out the access over there." So I told him that there is no access at Torrent on Sat unless you have a cabin. Most of the group had never climbed outside before. After the leader of the group came back from going to the bathroom...they left. A few minutes later, we see poop and toilet paper under the cave where up yonder starts.
These people were really messing up access for the community. Don't worry. I packed out the guys poo to save the day. Pictures to follow.
Hauling a big ego up a route adds at least a full grade.
dustonian

Re: Poop at Roadside

Post by dustonian »

Pics of poop?

Sounds like things are back to normal there.... I give the place 6 months before it's closed again
ynp1

Post by ynp1 »

Yeah and posting this really helps keep it open...

You are super bad ass for carrying another mans shit out! Is that what you wanted from this post???
I don't have haters, I have fans in denial.
steep4me

Post by steep4me »

No, the goal of the post was to remind people not to be idiots and ruin access to these places. Same reason I picked up,the poop, so the owner wouldn't see it there. If he hears about it from this post, he will at least know that there are people trying to respect the place. He already knew there were poachers, as he spoke to them.
Savage

Post by Savage »

I would like to think that most people that visit this site already know better, but thanks for the reminder regardless.

Do you have pics of the people? As a michigander, I will gladly execute them so they no longer sully our good name.
steep4me

Post by steep4me »

No pics, but thanks for the offer. It was 3 guys and 3 girls--college students. The one suggesting that they go poach torrent looked like van Morrison.
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

I would be happy to put a bung in sir Van Morrison's brown eye if I ever see him in Michigan.
clif

Post by clif »

thanks for stepping up steep4me and cleaning up. it's thankless enough without the insult of losing one's access.
training is for people who care, i have a job.
whoneedsfeet

Post by whoneedsfeet »

I can see only one way to stop this from happening ever again. Blow up Michigan!!!!! The U S of A don't need no god damn mitten.
Skipping cruxes is a way of life.
krampus

Post by krampus »

nah, the next turd will just come from an ohitian, or a canuck, or worse a god damned SIFO hoser. Either way, when roadside gets closed again, I'll still be appreciative of the effort on the owners part
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared