Volunteers NEEDED for Rocktoberfest!

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
crazyhair

Volunteers NEEDED for Rocktoberfest!

Post by crazyhair »

Hey guys, Rocktoberfest is in a few days (ahh!) and we need more volunteers!
Here's why you should volunteer:
1) You're helping the RRGCC be more profitable, which allows us to continue to buy & maintain more land for YOU to climb on!
2) You get to volunteer alongside the coolest, BEST group of RRG climbers ever
a) You meet people who you can become friends with and eventually trick into being your belay slaves/rope guns/ etc.
b) It will make the evening more fun, because you won't have to awkwardly stand around by yourself, hoping somebody will talk to you (pigsteak, I'm looking at you)
3) You get in for FREE the night you volunteer!
4) You get a FREE volunteer shirt, that you can wear at the crag/gym to prove you're better than everyone else and you give back to the climbing community
5) You get additional FREE stuff from our sponsors- the amount you get depends on how much you volunteer, but trust me, you will not be disappointed!
6) You personally insure that I don't die of a heart attack from not having enough volunteers.

Here are the spots we have open

FRIDAY night
5:00-8:30 I need ONE person to do SALES. You stand at the RRGCC sales booth and sell RRGCC gear for profit (which goes to the RRGCC). You MUST be mostly-sober to do this job, sales experience preferred

7:15-10:45 I need FOUR people to do TRAFFIC- You stand around & tell people where to park (sometimes people bribe you with beer & bourbon for better spots!) you CAN be semi-intoxicated while doing this job, plus you get to work with Patrick Miller, who is the wonderful guy that taught me how to bolt. Maybe if you volunteer, he'll teach you to do the same!

8:00-Midnight I need TWO people to be WATER BALOON ASSISTANTS. You get to help Spencer Victory fill water baloons and heckle people. It's fun and you CAN be semi-intoxicated while doing this job.

8:00-Midnight I need TWO people to CHECK WRISTBANDS. You stand or sit (if you provide your own chair) at the gate and make sure people show you their wristbands before they come in. If they don't have wristbands, you direct them to the Registration desk. You CAN be mostly-intoxicated while doing this job, as long as you are still capable of checking colors, being semi-polite, and not puking on anyone.

SATURDAY

9:30-2:00 I need ONE person to be a COMPETITION ASSISTANT. You hang out in the parking lot at Miller Fork and sell/collect competition cards. Your vehicle needs AWD/4WD. You MUST be completely sober, because drunk driving is BAD!

Noon-4:00 I need ONE person to CHECK WRISTBANDS. You stand or sit (if you provide your own chair) at the gate and make sure people show you their wristbands before they come in. If they don't have wristbands, you direct them to the Registration desk. You CAN be mostly-intoxicated while doing this job, as long as you are still capable of checking colors, being semi-polite, and not puking on anyone.

3:45-7:30 I need ONE person to do SALES. You stand at the RRGCC sales booth and sell RRGCC gear for profit (which goes to the RRGCC). You MUST be mostly-sober to do this job, sales experience preferred.

7:15-10:45 I need THREE people to do TRAFFIC. You stand around & tell people where to park (sometimes people bribe you with beer & bourbon for better spots!) you CAN be semi-intoxicated while doing this job, plus you get to work with Patrick Miller, who is the wonderful guy that taught me how to bolt. Maybe if you volunteer, he'll teach you to do the same!

7:30-midnight I need ONE person to do SALES. You stand at the RRGCC sales booth and sell RRGCC gear for profit (which goes to the RRGCC). You MUST be mostly-sober to do this job, sales experience preferred.

8:00-midnight I need FOUR people to CHECK WRISTBANDS. You stand or sit (if you provide your own chair) at the gate and make sure people show you their wristbands before they come in. If they don't have wristbands, you direct them to the Registration desk. You CAN be mostly-intoxicated while doing this job, as long as you are still capable of checking colors, being semi-polite, and not puking on anyone.

SUNDAY

9:00 AM-1:00 PM I need FOUR people to do CLEAN UP. Clean up people get extra freebies! You pick up water baloons, beer caps and various other forms of trash. If you find valuable things (ie: tents, sleeping bags, etc.) and nobody claims them, after some time has passed, they become yours!

9:00 AM-3:30 PM I need TWO people to ASSIST CLINICS. You help carry gear to the crag and make sure each participant has their helmet/harness on right. While you won't be able to fully participate in the clinic, this is a way to listen to all of the pro's advice/instruction without having to pay to take a clinic.

You can sign up HERE: http://vols.pt/RMRNjh
PUT YOUR NAME AS A HYPHEN AFTER YOUR LAST NAME IE: John Doe-XL OR YOU WILL NOT GET A SHIRT
If you somehow cannot figure out how to use the website, comment on here and I will manually enter in your information, but please try to figure it out. It's a really simple website and manually entering it takes a lot of my time away from scrounging up other volunteers.

If you can't volunteer yourself, please SHARE the link with your friends and guilt, trick or heckle them into volunteering!

Thank you all in advance for helping your community!
Wolf

Re: Volunteers NEEDED for Rocktoberfest!

Post by Wolf »

Do we need volunteers to be hit by the balloons?
http://contributor.yahoo.com/user/496691/daniel_beck.html