Lago Linda...the place to camp near the southern region

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...

Would you stay at Lago Linda's if you are planning to climb in the southern region?

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes: 14

rhunt

Lago Linda...the place to camp near the southern region

Post by rhunt »

Ok..so I think the subject needs its own thread...

Check out Lago Linda http://www.lagolinda.com/. I stay here every weekend(my roommate keeps his camper there), it's 5 miles from the motherlode parking area(about 10 minutes). It use to be a horse camp but Linda is tired of the high maintenance horse people and she wants to cater to rock climbers now. There are great-clean-restrooms with showers, a restaraunt (with AWESOME home cookin) and really nice cabins. Linda was just telling me this past weekend about all her plans for the place which will meet most climbers needs and budget! Look for the Lago Linda booth at Rocktober Fest!

Her web page is a little out-dated and I am sure her tent camping rates will change!

If you have any question about the place PM me.

-Rob
"Climbing is the spice, not the meal." ~ Lurkist
SikMonkey

Post by SikMonkey »

My only question would be is can you go there and actually sleep? All the damn rednecks and drunks is one of the main reasons I AVOID staying in the Red.

Just to add, it does look nice though.

Mj
Last edited by SikMonkey on Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...quitting drinking is kinda like washing your hands after you take a crap...why start now?
lordjim_2001

Post by lordjim_2001 »

My question is with 500 acres in that region is there any climbing on Lago Linda land, and are they cool with it?
rhunt

Post by rhunt »

SikMonkey wrote:My only question would be is can you go there and actually sleep? All the damn rednecks and drunks is one of the main reasons I AVOID staying in the Red.

Just to add, it does look nice though.

Mj
...it is very quiet!
rhunt

Post by rhunt »

lordjim_2001 wrote:My question is with 500 acres in that region is there any climbing on Lago Linda land, and are they cool with it?
Not sure what you mean, Linda has a lot of land, but I will assume she only wants camping on her campground.
lordjim_2001

Post by lordjim_2001 »

I'll elaborate. Linda has 500 acres. These 500 acres appear to be very close to well established climbing area. It may be that there are other undeveloped clifflines on her 500 acres. Heck there may even be pebble wrasslin' fields too. With permission from the property owner, Linda I'm assuming, would climbing be permitted on her land?

That may be a question for you to ask this weekend and report your findings back here. I'm only saying you b/c you appear to be a regular at that campground/resort.
rhunt

Post by rhunt »

lordjim_2001, Yes she does have rock on her property, I'll check it out and get back to you.
andy_lemon

Post by andy_lemon »

Tell her if she lets us climb it, it is her gateway to the climbing community... and what money we have.
Not a bitch.
rhunt

Post by rhunt »

andy_lemon wrote:Tell her if she lets us climb it, it is her gateway to the climbing community... and what money we have.
Alright...I'm on it. But I think we already have more than enough cliff that we(rrgcc) is about to purchase....ask some of the locals about how much undeveloped rock is in the murrey property...it is HUGE! Let's just say for now...BIGGER than the Motherlode!
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

rhunt,
you are missing their question....who cares what we are buying...more rock is ALWAYS better....if Linda is cool with new development on her crag (see Torrent), then what the ohters are saying is that she can expect to see more traffic in her campground as well...it is a winning situation all around....

Climbers come to bolt her walls, stay at her campground and eat her food..and we get new crags...
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.