Favorite sub 12 route in the red.

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
whoneedsfeet

Favorite sub 12 route in the red.

Post by whoneedsfeet »

So the strong freaks have a thread for 13a, thought us mere mortals should have a chance to spray a well. So what's your favorite sub 12 route and why?
Skipping cruxes is a way of life.
krampus

Re: Favorite sub 12 route in the red.

Post by krampus »

ro shampo of course
Last edited by krampus on Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

Whiteout, Fibrulator Direct, Inhibitor, and Daytripping. Next Day Air is up there too with that killer belay ledge. Cuz they're fun... sub-12 trad is awesome in the Red!
lena_chita

Post by lena_chita »

Oompha, Brief History of Climb, Whipstocking, Banshee, Centerfire, No place like Home, Infidel
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Dave the Dude. Inhibitor. B3. Daytripping. Crown of Thorns. Yellow Brick Road. 27 years of Climbing. About half of the 11bs.
http://contributor.yahoo.com/user/496691/daniel_beck.html
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

Oh yeah forgot about B3! Good call... Hidden Treasure is pretty damn good too. I'll throw a few sport lines in there like Crosley, Check Your Grip, Banshee, King Me, Jack in the Pulpit and Super Dario, Amarillo Sunset, Breakfast Burrito and Fire & Brimstone, Sloppy Seconds, ROCS, Infidel, No Place, most of the Bronaugh Wall 11's and the former 5.10s at Pocket Wall, RIP... ok the list just got way too long.
nik

Post by nik »

so many good ones. won't mention them all, but i do think that there are two over-looked easier routes that deserve five stars.

pogue ethics and bandolier.

i think pogue ethics is easily better than all the other classic sub-10 routes (27 years, eureka, creature feature, etc.). a few thin plates (and sometimes damp start) shouldn't detract from the incredibly fun, flowing movement the whole way up. not to mention it's about as tall and proud as you'll get for a .9 'round these parts.

and, bandolier...what to say? it's just so damn good. maybe the best 11a i've done (with a shout out to super dario and pinkalicious).
tyler.yarbrough

Post by tyler.yarbrough »

1) Bathtub Mary - SO good
2) Air Ride
3) Whip Stocking
4) Breakfast Burrito
5) Banjolero
6) Boltergeist
7) Both 5.10 slab lines at Chica Bonita
nik

Post by nik »

i agree that bathtub mary is fun, but i've never been able to figure out why that one gets so much love while picador sits right next door and is just as good, if not better.

i think the slab on picador is more thoughtful, that the moves getting into the hueco are more fun (mantle!!!), and that the run to the chains is more exciting. whatevs. both cool routes.
Chiyram

Post by Chiyram »

1) Bathtub Mary
2) KSB
3) Babinski Sign
4) Banshee
5) To Defy The Laws of Tradition
6) Creep Show
7) Overlord
8) Headstone Surfer
9) Balance Beam