Miller Fork

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
steep4me

Miller Fork

Post by steep4me »

I see a link to Miller Fork in the online guide, but it doesn't respond when I click it. Is that my computer or is the link not set up yet?
Hauling a big ego up a route adds at least a full grade.
dustonian

Re: Miller Fork

Post by dustonian »

not kool enough
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

Not set up yet. Still lots of things like parking and stuff that need to he worked out.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

SCIN wrote:Not set up yet. Still lots of things like parking and stuff that need to he worked out.
We're going to work on installing parking and trails at Johnny & Alex Trail Day (This weekend!!! Come and help and get a sneak peak! 8:30 at Lago Linda's sat morning)

The RRGCC is firmly committed to opening climbing ASAP; however, to have sustainable climbing, we must put in the trials prior to opening the cliff line. Once the trails are established we will be opening cliffs when they're developed.
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
steep4me

Post by steep4me »

Thanks for the info. Wasn't really interested in climbing there yet. as i live in Atlanta and won't be at theRed until late September. Just wanted to check it out online. I can wait!
ynp1

Post by ynp1 »

" Once the trails are established we will be opening cliffs when they're developed."

How can they be developed if they are not open to climbing???

Oh yeah, I remember! The cools kids get to climb there first! We donate the money, but the people on the "inside" get to send and develope the shit first... Thanks RRGCC you are great!
I don't have haters, I have fans in denial.
whoneedsfeet

Post by whoneedsfeet »

Not the cool kids, just the ones that don't go to popular crags so they can buttfuck each others egos by being at the "cool"crag.
Skipping cruxes is a way of life.
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

ynp1 wrote:" Once the trails are established we will be opening cliffs when they're developed."

Oh yeah, I remember! The cools kids get to climb there first! We donate the money, but the people on the "inside" get to send and develope the shit first... Thanks RRGCC you are great!
You are free to drive around down there, explore, and develop routes... it's not like anyone's going to stop you (except maybe f'd up locals from Shoemaker ridge). why the pissy little sob story against a group of volunteers? you need a pretty map and buttwiping service or what?
ray
Site Admin

Post by ray »

ynp1 wrote:" Once the trails are established we will be opening cliffs when they're developed."

Dude you couldn't be more wrong. I don't think there was any "inviting" at all.
steep4me

Post by steep4me »

I am sure if you want to buy a bunch of bolts and drilling equipment and have hours to dedicate to setting routes or building trails, you are "invited." Thanks to all those working to acquire property and develop it for everyone to enjoy!