This trail STINKS!

Having problems finding a crag or a route?
Josephine

This trail STINKS!

Post by Josephine »

I'm sure we've all said that at one time or another. Now's your chance to complain and have your voice heard. If you don't like a trail on the PMRP (trails that leave from the sore heel, solar collector, drive by parking lots) go to http://rrgcc.org/contact-us/report-bad-trails/ and let us know what needs fixed!

This feedback is very important for the upcoming Johnny & Alex Trail Day (Aug 11). What we don't know is broken cannot be fixed! :-)

Hope to see you there!
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
climb2core

Re: This trail STINKS!

Post by climb2core »

Not to derail this thread, but any plan on the road to Sore heel?
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

Road up to Coal Bank also in grim condition. I'd be bummed if I were an RRGCC donor & volunteeer without a high-clearance rig.
toad857

Post by toad857 »

I haven't been there in a year or two, but the last time I was at Curbside the bottom of wildfire was eroding terribly. It looked like it would be a big project to fix it properly.
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

toad857 wrote:I haven't been there in a year or two, but the last time I was at Curbside the bottom of wildfire was eroding terribly. It looked like it would be a big project to fix it properly.
Use this thingy: http://rrgcc.org/contact-us/report-bad-trails/
captain static

Post by captain static »

climb2core wrote:Not to derail this thread, but any plan on the road to Sore heel?
The road work is on our radar but will not be part of JATD. Any climbers out there that are capable of operating heavy equipment such as a Bobcat, bulldozer, or backhoe?
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
clif

Post by clif »

just thought of the incipient trail from the amarillo sunset area to the purgatory area..also, i'm an expert backhoe operator
training is for people who care, i have a job.
RRO

Post by RRO »

Operate tractor/backhoe weekly. Offered mine up already or can drive rental.
http://www.redriveroutdoors.com

If you need to contact me , email me. Less Internet, less stress
clif

Post by clif »

is Muir Valley [edit] only the Red River Gorge's Premier climbing area or is it the World's?

"Let's see if we can break our 2011 record of 182 participants!"
the FOMV site says there were over 200 people last year. Rick, why so modest? :wink:
Last edited by clif on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
training is for people who care, i have a job.
Spikeddem

Post by Spikeddem »

clif wrote:is Muir Valley the only the Red River Gorge's Premier climbing area or is it the World's?
Typed on a smartphone?