Snotrocket

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?
caribe

Re: Snotrocket

Post by caribe »

batguano wrote:Strong work, Andrew! Might be a second ascent for Better Red Than Dead also. good work!
Batguano, who is climbing Better Red Than Dead in the picture that you posted online? That line looks badass!!!
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

That be The Man himself Art.
JR

Post by JR »

dustonian wrote:He's still climbing a number grade lower on cracks v. sport, so there may or may not be an effect from the gear-bothering. It would be cool to see him try some 5.14 cracks at other areas.
Bet he would send Proper Sole quickly.......
LK Day

Post by LK Day »

pigsteak wrote:shhh, if 5.14 climbers start placing gear old crusties will know their ruse is up.
Don't kid yourself piggy, it's awesome to see that there are a few still interested in hard trad. If one can climb hard sport, trad, snow and ice, big walls and high peaks it kind of makes one the complete climber, don't you think? And just because KY is home base doesn't mean you can't do it all. Way to go guys, you just might be the leading edge of a new trend. That is unless, of course, all the rest of the sporties really are pussies. :D
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

you lost me after sport and trad....the other things on your list have nothing at all to do with climbing. big wall...pfffft, you call Caldwell a real climber?...pu-leeze.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
LK Day

Post by LK Day »

:D
Dmack

Post by Dmack »

More impressive then all that...was AG sending Hidden Dragon on an 80+ degree day...in shorts and a t-shirt...
caribe

Post by caribe »

Dmack wrote:AG sending Hidden Dragon on an 80+ degree day...in shorts and a t-shirt...
His name is Neo!
Spoonman

Post by Spoonman »

Probably, the best pitch of climbing i've had the benifit to watch. A bit scary ...even for the belayer.....the whole process was one to enjoy and learn from. Patience the mantra, percisson the tool, Bad Ass....the vibe!

As for grade.....priceless.......with an emphasis on PLUS, AG cofirms the grade....

Thank you....Patrick, Jeff (of course), and everyone else..... for the re-bolting .........tons of work....pop,pop,pop, ....pop, pop, pop,....ppp, etc
Ti-Bum

Post by Ti-Bum »

Does anyone knows how many free ascents Snotrocket has seen?

If you want to get beta spread, here is the video I made of my ascent of April 13, 2019:

https://youtu.be/6e3DLBcOE-4

As for the grade, I cannot confirm...this climb is too unique. Never seen something like it elsewhere, not even on El Capitan...