LASIK

Movies, music, food, blood, dogs, Horatio.....
kek-san

LASIK

Post by kek-san »

Any had it? Anyone recommend specific locations/doctors? Lexington pricing?

Just getting tired of glasses or contacts and as it is that time of year for heath care enrollment I figured I'd ask around.
"Dying?" Man, that's the last thing I want to do. - overheard
pigsteak

Re: LASIK

Post by pigsteak »

had it done 12 years ago...highly recommended.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
KD

Post by KD »

i have thought about it alot because I getting bad eyesight too. Most people I know who had it a few years sago are wearing reading glasses again but still praising it. What gives? Does it really restore you or do you end up with glasses anyway?
ynot

Post by ynot »

when you get older your eyes loose the ability to refocus so the need for reading glasses in spite of lasik. Happens to us all and it sucks.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

I was 20/220 before haivng it done..now 20/20...even after 12 years. so I have had nothing but success..but when I had it done, they did say that sooner or later the eyes would start to degenerate thru the normal aging process....
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Crankmas

Post by Crankmas »

when vanity withdraws its claws you can get reading glasses at wally world
DJB

Post by DJB »

I had lasik done about six years ago and it is awesome. I was near-sighted prior to lasik and my doctor informed me that they usually edge on the side of making you slightly far-sighted because you generally keep your ability to see distance as you age, but once you reach your mid 40's, they can't guarantee that you won't need reading glasses. As Ynot and Pigsteak indicated, as you age you will probably eventually need reading glasses to read, but shouldn't need glasses for anything else if the procedure is done correctly. I highly recommend having it done if you are a viable candidate.
dhoyne

Post by dhoyne »

Had it done ~9 nears ago. Best investment ever. Nothing beats being able to see the alarm clock at night when you wake up, the lack of decision on the whole glasses vs contacts in the pool thing, etc. Oh yeah, no worrying about losing a contact while climbing!!!!
Sarcasm is a tool the weak use to avoid confrontation. People with any balls just outright lie.

[quote="Meadows"]I try not to put it in my mouth now, but when I do, I hold it with just my lips.[/quote]
ynot

Post by ynot »

My eyes were fine until 45. At first I couldn't read asprin bottles . Now i'm zooming in to read the computer sometimes. I tend to write bigger these days. It all blows. I use to love to read. I want to be 20 again damnit.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
ditzywonder

Post by ditzywonder »

my husband and i both had it with a dr in lex.
I used to work for my surgeon, so we got a pretty good deal, i work for another opthalmologist now, but if you let him know i sent you you should be able to get it for cheaper :)
black diamonds are a girls best friend