What is your least favorite sport crag?

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
SCIN

What is your least favorite sport crag?

Post by SCIN »

Man, I'd have to say that I think the Solar Collector (main wall) is one of the biggest piles in the Red. The trad lines rock but man.....that main wall blows. It's even ugly as hell. Reminds me of the moon.

What's your least favorite area?
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
SikMonkey

Post by SikMonkey »

aw man, I am kind of partial to SC. It reminds me of Buckeye Buttress at the Lode. It just doesn't have the same shade that the BB has so it got scorched a bit more.

Mj
...quitting drinking is kinda like washing your hands after you take a crap...why start now?

Post by Guest »

damn, SCIN... I think Solar Collector is asthetically very beautiful. It's funny how tastes vary. Of course I can't climb much of the sport over there, but the trad lines do look fun. I want to get over there on a dry day and get on them.

I am only just recently appreciating sport climbing, so I don't have a least favorite sport crag yet. I haven't been to Military or Left Flank in about 8 years, but I imagine the crowds there would make them leading contenders for my answer. I went to Phantasia yesterday and I think that is one of my favorites so far, despite it's popularity. The Arena also makes me pretty happy. So happy I am making a stick clip (OMG!).
Gretchen

Post by Gretchen »

I don't know SCIN, I think you need a better look at the moon. I'll pay for your passage, one way ticket!
Just genuinely disengenuous.
rhunt

Post by rhunt »

The main wall of the solar collector might be ugly but the climbing is really fun!!

My least favorite area is purple valley. Nice remote area and the trad is probably ok but other than that...not so good.
"Climbing is the spice, not the meal." ~ Lurkist

Post by Guest »

is the "main wall" the wall with Super Pinch, Mona Lisa Overdrive, Green Horns, etc? Is that what you are calling ugly?
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

Yea, that's it. They're probably some of my least favorite lines. I do like Herd Mentality and Police Ethics though. I think the close proximity of the lines may have something to do with it too.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio

Post by Guest »

ah okay. I think the lines are too close as well, however I find the rock to be very beautiful. But just like art, it's completely subjective.
SikMonkey

Post by SikMonkey »

Buddah Hole and Ethics Police do get sort of close at one point, but not so that you can reach the other line without a bit of traversing. I haven't done Herd Mentality, but I do like EP and Supafly.

Mj
...quitting drinking is kinda like washing your hands after you take a crap...why start now?
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Military and Left Flank only because of the crowds.
As far as routes go I would have to say Global for sport.