A No Dog Campground?

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...

What do you think of a no dog campground?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:03 pm

Yes, I like my peace and quiet
72%
No, My dog must go where ever I go
28%

Total votes: 69

Eric Cox

A No Dog Campground?

Post by Eric Cox »

Not wanting to start World War three with this, I was just wondering what the climbing community thinks about having a campground that is dog free.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

that's easy eric...you'll only touch the 10% of climbers who don't have a dog:)

as a dog owner, though, I think it is a great idea...

how about a quiet at 10 PM campground, and a no college students campground...
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
krampus

Post by krampus »

you must be old enough to rent a car to enter this campground
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
flashmaster

Post by flashmaster »

i would love a no dog campground but I know thats never gonna happen at miggies and I'm never gonna stay anywhere else so I guess I have to deal with them.
Snowpuppy

Post by Snowpuppy »

I'm a dog owner and totally agree with a no dog campground. Problem I've seen and it pisses me off is that several people just don't follow the leash laws established by the campground and just turn their dog loose- not to mention several don't even clean up the dog shit after their dogs take a dump. Notice this does NOT include the responsible dog owners I have seen which are far and few between!!!
"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear, such people become crazy-they become legends." ---Legends of the Fall
Clevis Hitch

Post by Clevis Hitch »

fukn dogs..... :x
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!
allah

Post by allah »

I hate my dogs, is there a camp ground I can dump them at?
michaelarmand

Post by michaelarmand »

The tweens and college kids are usually worse than dogs. But at least we can ban the dogs...
I've been a gumby longer than you've been climbing.
Fartspray

Here little doggie,,,

Post by Fartspray »

Dogs are good in the campground slow roasted with barbecue sauce.
Best when harvested free range from the base of a crag. Save me the ribs!
:twisted:
You can have the feet, its a texture thing for me.

Eric Cox

Post by Eric Cox »

[quote="Snowpuppy"]I'm a dog owner and totally agree with a no dog campground. Problem I've seen and it pisses me off is that several people just don't follow the leash laws established by the campground and just turn their dog loose-

This just happened to me this morning. Someone just opened their tent up and turned a large dog loose. It came at me and was showing his. teeth. For my own safety, I am going to see that a dog free campground happens at Land of Arches. I love dogs but these dog owners need to learn to be responsible. I'm sorry to the few dog owners that this hurts that actually do follow the rules, but I will not feel threathened at my own home just because someone won't follow the rules.