Arizona

Innocent subjects that took a turn for the worst.
Clevis Hitch

Arizona

Post by Clevis Hitch »

This new law has me torn. I mean whats wrong with carrying I.D.? The nazi's did it, right?

"Papers please."

I also have more in common with the mexican/American cutting the grass than I do with the guy in the mercedees pulling out of the driveway to the "McMansion".

We are over in Iraq "nation building", why not do a little nation building in Mexico. Knock off a few drug cartels and set up a real goverment with real cops and a real infrastrucure. I bet the mexican people wouldn't be setting off IED's on us.

IED's , any pussified-mammasboy-cocksucker who would use one of those needs to eat his own balls.
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!
michaelarmand

Post by michaelarmand »

What they are doing in AZ is no different that Mexican law. They require you to carry ID there too.

Its a tough issue, I'll listen to both sides. But even if the AZ bill is a "bad law" it may put pressure on the feds to finallly address the immigration issue...
I've been a gumby longer than you've been climbing.
dhoyne

Post by dhoyne »

Basically, they made it illegal in Arizona to be an illegal immigrant. That's really about it. There's no round ups, no requirement to wear stars, and the illegals don't have to go to special camps. But hey, it's the media so it's all blown out of proportion.

If it makes you feel better, join the crowd boycotting Arizona Iced Tea (made in NY). :roll:
Sarcasm is a tool the weak use to avoid confrontation. People with any balls just outright lie.

[quote="Meadows"]I try not to put it in my mouth now, but when I do, I hold it with just my lips.[/quote]
KD

Post by KD »

I'd make 'em send Gretchen down there
Xtant

Post by Xtant »

It says if you are a documented alien (here for work, school, vacation, with the proper visa) that you are required to have that paperwork on you. That is a federal law, as well. It's just not enforced federally. Now Arizona can enforce the state law that mimics the federal law that the federal government ignores...
Sure is a lot of fun while you're doing it...
Clevis Hitch

Post by Clevis Hitch »

So Arizona law is just a clone of Federal law and all they did was insert Arizona in the appropriate places instead of "Federal"? Honest question...
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!
Xtant

Post by Xtant »

Yes...essentially...

Then they amended the law to protect individuals from racial profiling. They defined a few things further.

I'm not gonna say it is word for word a copy, but it essentially is...
Sure is a lot of fun while you're doing it...
Boonda

Post by Boonda »

I'm a big believer in doing things the legal way. I believe if you want to live in a country and reap the benefits then it's the responsible thing to do it right. America is an amazing country with endless opportunities. The problem with this bill, I feel, is the openess of the term "reasonable suspicion". The law requiring appropriate documentation has been around for awhile, this addition of law enforcement being able to approach ANY individual they deem suspcious is where things start to get waffley. It's not just people who are breaking the law that can be approached. It's any citizen/person/etc... I just worry that the whole pursuit of happiness aspect of our rights is starting to be overlooked. My ideal country isn't one where people are constanly living in fear.
Wanna have an adventure?
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

really, yu live in a world full of fears, fear of:
being shot, being jobless, being mugged, being passed over, being raped, being labled, being dropped, being injured, being pulled over, being told what to do, flying, of sharks, of the dark, being thrown in jail/prison, sitting next to a fat smelly person, failure, not being saved, being a bad parent, taken advantage of, and the list goes on and on.

you have no rights, we just have a looser enslavement that we feel makes us "free" and at the same time we have less than most others and more BS than the rest.

god bless this fucking mess
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
rjackson

Post by rjackson »

You only live in fear if you choose to...
Pick myself up, stop lookin' back.
Grand Funk Railroad