Snow and spring break?

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
sstephns

Snow and spring break?

Post by sstephns »

Hey I'm new on the forum, but have been to the Red a bunch of times.

I was wondering how much snow is out there right now and if ya'll think there's any chance it'll be melted by the first weekend in March? Anyone got a clue?

I checked weather from January and February so far and it looks like there's been 20+ inches fallen.
toad857

Post by toad857 »

there's a lot of snow out there right now, but it melts quickly with sun. 2 days of sun would melt everything we've got
heavyc

snow

Post by heavyc »

sstephns

Post by sstephns »

I looked at that, that's where I got the 20+ inches between now and the beginning of January. Thanks for the help. Hopefully we get a couple good warm days that melt it all and I can get out and climb.
Clevis Hitch

Post by Clevis Hitch »

Its about 8-10 inches right now. The wind has been blowing and its starting to drift. There is ice hanging from everything. Walking under the cliffs is hazardous. On days that there is no sun its too cold to climb. On days that there is sun, the ice starts melting and crashes all around. I've climbed this year in the single digits when the sun was out (not as much ice). Not any more! Too dangerous!
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!
The Pirate

Post by The Pirate »

We are knee deep in snow right now (11''). The forcast for the next week is below freezing all week...This is the most snow I have seen here in forever...good luck with the climbing...
If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains...You're lucky enough...
aaronkupferer

Post by aaronkupferer »

does anyone know if the the Nada tunnel road is clear right now (getting out toward Military/Left Flank area)?
toad857

Post by toad857 »

clear? clear for a snowplow? or clear for a honda?
Clevis Hitch

Post by Clevis Hitch »

They started getting the secondary roads clean this afternoon. The roads were jacked most of the day. Even if you got to military you would have to have a four wheel drive to get in and out of the parking lot. Theres about a two foot wall of solid snow thats been swept off of the road by the plow trucks. I had to put my truck into four wheel just to get out of the driveway.
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!
krampus

Post by krampus »

Is it just me or am I the only one in Kentucky who knows how to drive in the snow
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared