treadwall training

Quit whining. Drink bourbon. Climb more.
the lurkist

Re: treadwall training

Post by the lurkist »

I would be interested too.
"It really is all good ! My thinking only occasionally calls it differently..."
Normie
Izzy

Post by Izzy »

I have an old entreprises model, but it doesn't actually go horizontal, only to about 50 degrees. From what I understand the company only made about 15 or 20 of these machines back in the 90's to demo in the us. Apparently they were not all that successful and never went into production over here. I called the company in search of an owners manual and they acted like I was crazy, and said even if they had a manual it would be in french.
" Gimme the bat Wendy... just, gimme the bat."

http://izzyill.carbonmade.com
ClimbAnyMountain

Post by ClimbAnyMountain »

I actually don't have a tread wall -- they're way, way, way too expensive. The worst part is that I want to use one, but I know where to find one for use. Do you guys own your tread walls or do you pay to use them elsewhere? I'd like to use one so I can practice climbing as I don't want to injure myself when I fit some of the most complicated routes. :)
vertical1

Post by vertical1 »

After spending april at the Red and sucking ass with endurance, even though I had more power than ever before, I have spend the last three weeks mostly on a treadwall leading up to returning June 6th. To start with, I could only go 11 minutes at 10 degrees overhang, next session 15 min, next 25 min, next 30 min at 10 degrees overhang. after doing that to build a base, i started doing steeper training. I am using one in my local gym. set at 22 degrees overhang I have a partner adjust the speed, and I climb 20 ft(one rotation), then have her stop it, so I can shake, then another 20 ft, and so on spending 10 minutes on the wall, climbing about 120 ft. next session, increased angle to 26 degrees, and yesterday increasing the angle to 30 degrees. i also have followed up those with 10 to 20 minutes of continuous climbing at 10-12 degrees overhang. I feel from my first session, it has greatly increased my recovery ability.
whatahutch

Post by whatahutch »

Get to where you are climbing about 45 minutes out of an hour on one, at whatever degree as long as it is overhanging, and your endurance will be crazy. I used to be able to put whole days in at the Red and never feel pumped, or at least be able to nearly fully recover between burns. Things have changed now that I no longer have access to a treadwall. I pump on ten feet of overhang now.
"Come to send, not condescend" - Eddie Vedder
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

bcombs wrote:
One-Fall wrote:And what is a Maxi-pull?
Attached is a pic. I'm sure you've seen these before. The one I built is slightly different than the pictures, but the idea is the same. The main thing is that it slopes down as it moves toward the end of the board. It keeps your shoulders and elbows in a natural alignment.

It seems like this does little to nothing for finger strength. The work is all isolated in the forearm.

Hopefully tutugirl is cool with me sending this around. Her instructions are below:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The board is 36 inches long each pvc is 15 inches long attached with two bolts and covered with skate tape.

The distance of the board from the board to the top board is 4 inches and at the far side is one ince...the board itself is 17 inches and the pvc is 15 inches you don't need the little hinges they are there if you want to make the board harder and add to wood tabs which would make the surface to hold smaller.

The pvc is a 4 inch pvc missing 1 inch and the 17 inch board that is sitting is rout out for the 15 inch pipe to slide tightly in the space. Like you can see...we need to change the tape :)

Workout:
"The start is 45 seconds on 15 seconds off five times wait 5 minutes and repeat 3 times. If that is too hard start with 30 seconds on and 15 seconds off. If you can do the 45 seconds then do a minute on 15 seconds off 5 times three sets with 5 minutes in between sets...if that is easy start with 5 pull ups and then hang a minute and 15 seconds rest 5 times and also 3 sets."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can still count on rrc.com for good training beta - even if no one posts here anymore :-( at least the archives have tons of great info. I sure do miss you guys! Have fun at JATD this coming weekend!!!!
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun