treadwall training

Quit whining. Drink bourbon. Climb more.
the lurkist

Post by the lurkist »

"It really is all good ! My thinking only occasionally calls it differently..."
Normie
robert birchell

treadwall

Post by robert birchell »

Any of you treadwall owners willing to share
the outcome of a winters training on your wall.
Bob
whatahutch

Post by whatahutch »

I don't own one, but have been going to a school that owns one. I have been using it pretty consistently for the last three years. I have really been able to get ready for the spring season. My best sending months have been April for the last few years. Followed closely by March. My fall season has never been as strong. I think it is completely due to the fact that I trained on the treadwall during the winter season.

http://www.redriverclimbing.com/RRCGuid ... s&&id=2074

I added a link to my charts. If you look at the score per month then you can see what I am talking about. If you take out the month of June (which is distorted because that was the month that I actually started logging everything on my online ticklist instead of keeping it in my guidebook) on sends per month you can see that April and March are also still my best months.
"Come to send, not condescend" - Eddie Vedder
JR

Post by JR »

You might be right Whatahutch. So climbing at the Red makes you weak? You peak in April and slowly decline? That sucks. But I wonder if you are just getting out more during those Peak periods.
whatahutch

Post by whatahutch »

I was getting out more then, but if you notice I always start strong in spring and send harder routes then. In the fall I am just decent. I never said anything about how the Red contributed to my climbing in the spring.
You read way too far into my response to the question asked. As normally happens in human communication, what was said and what was heard are two totally different things.

I got stronger during the winter off seasons due to treadwall training.
"Come to send, not condescend" - Eddie Vedder
the lurkist

Re: treadwall training

Post by the lurkist »

A follow up. I trained on the treadwall for the last 8 months fairly consistently with a motivated partner. The wall was tilted to 30 degrees past vert. Our typical regimen was to warm up for four minutes without weight, then adding 12 to 25 lbs doing sets of 4 minutes, six minutes, four minutes, and within these sets climbing on small edges for 2 laps then to larger positive holds for 2-3 laps recovering, then back to small edges again- the point being getting pumped on small edges but climbing through on bigger holds recovering.
Not having climbed outside much it is hard to say how this served. The few times I did get out I was able to do 12- that I was familiar with without much difficulty. I am satisfied, but still the treadwall hasn't seemed to be a replacement (in training) for climbing on the real stone.
Normie
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

duh dude...all plastic pulling is mere sloppy seconds...if you have logged more days on plastic than on real rock in the last year, please turn in your "real" climber" card....soon.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
the lurkist

Post by the lurkist »

to what address do I send it? Sad state of affairs, but this site and my treadwall and now hit strips (all in someone else s garage) constitute my climbing universe. Pathetic
Normie
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

well, since you actually did crush back in the day, and I would love just a mere taste of the glory you have known, send it directly to me..I will carry it in my fanny pack, and pull it out at the crag..."do you know who I am? I am the climber formerly known as the Lurkist"....that shold get me some noteriety.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
the lurkist

Post by the lurkist »

ridicule perhaps, disregard most likely, contempt mos def
Normie