treadwall training

Quit whining. Drink bourbon. Climb more.
Izzy

treadwall training

Post by Izzy »

Based on what I've read in some other threads on here, more than a few regular users have treadwalls. I have an old Entreprises model from the '90's that tilts to 45 deg. Just wondering what sort of workouts people find most effective on these machines, other than just climbing as long as you can.

I do 6 sets of 20 moves with a weight vest on at 45 deg., and seem to be getting stronger in a hurry. Anyone else have a routine they find particularly effective?
" Gimme the bat Wendy... just, gimme the bat."

http://izzyill.carbonmade.com
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

I've had pretty good success with 10 sets of two minutes climbing at 35 degrees. I rest 7 minutes between sets. The largest holds are 1.5 pad. Most are around 1 pad. I have a handful of bigger holds that I'll use for a quick shake on the last few sets, so that I can stay on the whole 2 minutes.

I have an older Brewer's ledge model that I modified to be permanently set to 35 degrees.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

tie a raw steak to the top of the treadwall..you'll chase it for hours.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Izzy

Post by Izzy »

pigsteak wrote:tie a raw steak to the top of the treadwall..you'll chase it for hours.
Oooh! great idea, but maybe I'll use a bottle of bourbon instead.
" Gimme the bat Wendy... just, gimme the bat."

http://izzyill.carbonmade.com
whatahutch

Post by whatahutch »

Put it on slab, turn off the brake and turn down the friction. (Speed it up). Run on that thing and try to look at your feet only. Great for working your footwork, cardio, and balance.

Put it on vertical, climb for 45 minutes trying not to pump. Break for about 10 and then climb thirty minutes. (I always shot for this but usually gave up around the 30 to 35 minute mark and then on the second set around 25 to twenty). Really boosts endurance.

Do what your doing with the overhang.
"Come to send, not condescend" - Eddie Vedder
TradMike

Post by TradMike »

For endurance and power a 35 to 45 on jugs until you fall off
the lurkist

Post by the lurkist »

I haven't had mine for long, but have been warming up then, with it at its steepest setting and jacked up about four inches (adding a few degrees) doing sets of 2 laps on biggish holds then 1-2 laps on small edges widely spaced with high stepping and high reaching. This seems like it trains a lot of core/ cross body tension. Training the ability to suffer through the pump seems like it is helpful.
Haven't used weights yet.
"It really is all good ! My thinking only occasionally calls it differently..."
Normie
Cromlech

Post by Cromlech »

My Treadwall currently adjusts up to 20deg overhanging. I have taped five 20' (one full rotation of the wall) boulder problems and use the wall 3 times a week:

My routine is,
1. Warm-up = 130' at 14deg overhanging on the big holds.
2. rest 5 minutes.
3. climb the each boulder problem twice (i.e. 40' continuous) at 1 deg steaper than my previous best send with 5 minute rests between attempts. If I don't send the problem, I make the wall 1 deg less steep until I send.
4. climb as far as I can at 20deg overhaning on small holds.
5. Warm-down = 130' at 14 deg overhanging on big holds.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

seems like bourbon or steak are the best answers so far.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
tbwilsonky

Post by tbwilsonky »

or like a steak with bourbon glaze.
haunted.