KY Basketball

Movies, music, food, blood, dogs, Horatio.....

How Far do the KY Wildcats go this year?

Mythical Undefeated Season
40%
Injury ruins Season
17%
Gets rocked at SEC by Florida
13%
Undefeated season through SEC, lose 1st rnd NCAA
7%
Only Loses to Louisville this season
7%
Notre Dame Hires Calipari to be their Football Coach (he's that good)
17%

Total votes: 30

Lateralus

KY Basketball

Post by Lateralus »

Seemed like a couple of wake up call wins, then some big time wins over UNC? and UConn? wow. Huge Depth it seems, kinda young team, but Wall seems to be playing well beyond his years. He seems like a better version of Calipari's floor general than the preceding ones he had at Memphis. How far do you see the Wildcats going this year? Things must be getting kind of perky for KY BBall fans in Lexington this year. Enjoy the fun.
"Good things take time, impossible things take a little longer"
Percy Gerutty
Jay

Post by Jay »

Where's the "I really don't care" option?
"Always carry a large flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake." -W.C. Fields
Xtant

Post by Xtant »

Maybe Notre Dame? I didn't like any of your options either. The answer I'd go with is "As far as their talent will take them." Sounds cheesy, but really. UK is winning on raw talent. They're playing sloppy, sloppy basketball, but so far their raw talent has pulled them through. If they don't reign themselves in, they will run into a team with enough of a head on it's shoulders to overcome that talent. Could take a top 10 team. It could aslo be a very smart unranked team.
Sure is a lot of fun while you're doing it...
jordancolburn

Post by jordancolburn »

I voted for only losing to louisville, but just for fun. Honestly, between injuries and trying to figure out how to play without t-will, we kind of suck right now.

Most likely UK will have a few losses a long the way, I don't expect to see them just get blown out. They'll make it at least to the 16, probably further. Anything beyond the 16 is pretty exceptional any year.
Brentucky

Post by Brentucky »

I don't know, but so far I'm actually looking forward to watching games this year, maybe even make the decision to stay home on a 25 degree Saturday an easy one. John Wall is one bad ass motha to watch play, as is P-Pat and the others.
efil lanrete... i enjoy the sound, but in truth i find this seductively backward idea to be quite frightening
overhung

Post by overhung »

I need a "None of the above" option.
I've had just about enough of this shit.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

These options show just how delusional Kentucky fans are. Two of the options involve being undefeated through most of the season.

How about this option, it may be optimistic but at least it makes sense. They lose less than five games and make it to at least the sweet 16.
Living the dream
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

how about this option? the big headed egos of the 13 superstars on this team (wall, cousins and bledsoe each have the ego of three people) explode on the floor, and they actually learn how to play cohesively. short of that, it just proves kentucky fans don't understand basketball fundamentals and prefer winning at all costs.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Brentucky

Post by Brentucky »

pigsteak wrote:how about this option? the big headed egos of the 13 superstars on this team (wall, cousins and bledsoe each have the ego of three people) explode on the floor, and they actually learn how to play cohesively. short of that, it just proves kentucky fans don't understand basketball fundamentals and prefer winning at all costs.
Who wants to watch a bunch of kids with basketball fundamentals? The only time that is fun to watch is when they are beating up on a bunch of kids with big egos!
efil lanrete... i enjoy the sound, but in truth i find this seductively backward idea to be quite frightening
charlie

Post by charlie »

I'm willing to bet my basketball IQ compares to Piggie's much like my understanding of Buddhism and Politics, as in talking to him about hoops is also not worth my time.

We will get crushed by a team like Kansas, WV or Syracuse could destroy us at this point. We got lucky with Stanford, and it will take that kind of xxooxx coaching to crush the talent we have. I'm not worried about any team in particular on our schedule, but am worried about any one of them that steps it up. We have a ton of weaknesses.

Maybe we get better as a team, and more patient, but til that happens we could lose easily to pretty much anyone.

Andrew has the most likely evaluation though. Bright side, I am psyched again!