Somethin' other than climbing

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Horgeezy

Somethin' other than climbing

Post by Horgeezy »

In july my sisters are goin' down to the gorge with me but don't climb. THey will probably go to the crag once or twice but i know they'd get bored soon. Is there anything to do near the gorge besides climb??? Thanks for your help.
ynot

Post by ynot »

Hike the Rock Bridge trail,they wont be disapointed. Its about 1 1/2 miles and casual. See some of the other arches.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
Horatio Felacio

Post by Horatio Felacio »

drunken race cart driving is fun. there's also drunken 4 wheel driving and creek crossing and once you get drunk enough there is always projectile vomiting contests.
Yo HO!! Just got me a code red and some funyons big dawg!!! SHIT YEAH! - Ray, excited about his breakfast
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

Rock Bridge is a beautiful hike for sure.
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
skeeterth0mps0n

Post by skeeterth0mps0n »

If they are not into the drunken cart driving then there is always cool places like court house rock, grays arch, half moon (its more of a look out and can be hard to find if you havent been there before), and there is always the suspension bridge. There is a huge boulder to jum off of into the red next to the bridge. :D
acacongua

Post by acacongua »

How old are they?
Horgeezy

Post by Horgeezy »

my sisters are 20 and 23
Horgeezy

Post by Horgeezy »

and i'm sure they'd love the drunken cart racing!! :lol:
acacongua

Post by acacongua »

If they don't mind a drive, they could go up to winchester or lexington to do some shopping or maybe somewhere offers some horseback riding. It just depends on their interests. Maybe you could call Miguel - he is a very nice guy and probably knows the area really well. I am sure there is a pool somewhere nearby they could go for lounging.

If you know cute guys near ther age who climb, invite them along. Unless your sisters are committed elsewhere, there is nothing like a cutie patootie to pique a woman's interest in climbing. Just keep an eye on them. LOL
lordjim_2001

Post by lordjim_2001 »

There are a lot of "ole' swimmin' holes" out in the Red if they want to play in the mountain streams. Where fire road 9 splits into 9a/9b is a decent one.