climbing bum

Selling some gear? Find or lose something?

climbing bum

Post by Guest »

well I got laid off this morning. Oddly enough, I'm thrilled. It has been a helluva bad year+ in my company and it was time. So my last day of work is next Friday and I have 2 weeks with no kids. I will be at the Red that weekend and then am going on a roadtrip to NC for 4 days and then I have another week free. Is anyone up for a week of climbing easy stuff with a happy new (part-time) climbing bum, second week of July? I want to go to Cali but can't find cheap tickets (yet?). I was thinking the meadows would be nice if I can get out there, otherwise, something local - perhaps even a week at the Red would be perfect. Anyone free?
overhung

Post by overhung »

I would have been if I hadn't signed up to teach summer school. RAT FARTS!
I've had just about enough of this shit.
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

Lynne, you already know I'm in! I'll be back from Colorado on the 29th. I do have to work here and there, but I usually have 2-3 days off a week, usually Sundays, Mondays and Wednesdays. Can't wait to (partly) bum around with you! :mrgreen:
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
ralst4

Post by ralst4 »

Hey Lynne I am off for the Summer now. I will be out of town the rest of this week. And I will be in West Virginia rafting July 8-10. But, other then that maybe we could hook up and climb some.

See ya,
ralst4
Wes

Post by Wes »

Come on out to vedauwoo. Free camping, great climbing.

Wes
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

Hey Wes, how far of a drive from Cincy to Vedauwoo? What kind of climbing? Bouldering? Trad? Sport? I'm tempted...
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
Wes

Post by Wes »

It is a hella drive, maybe 20 or so hours. All kinds of climbing, great crack bouldering and routes, with a few nice face problems/routes.

Wes
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
Posthole

Post by Posthole »

The year before last we made it from Cincinnati in about 22 or 23 hours, with an hour or so stop for dinner in Lincoln or Omaha. We left around 6 AM and pulled into Vedauwoo around 2 or 3 in the morning local time. Definately worth the drive if you can stay for a while.

Bob
Gretchen

Post by Gretchen »

Sorry to hear that Lynne! I feel your unemployment pain but get some quality climbing in before you meet the next grinding wheel! I plan to :wink:
Just genuinely disengenuous.

Post by Guest »

Well I'm considering all options! Vedauwoo is one of the places I have been wanting to get to, but I don't know about spending all that time in the car... Yasmeen, if you are able to take a full week off, let's talk! Otherwise it's looking like a week at the Red, bumming partners and leftover pizza. Which actually doesn't sound bad at all!