Gear rental in RRG?

Other Crags, Aid Climbing, Bouldering, etc...
strawmyers

Gear rental in RRG?

Post by strawmyers »

Are there any places in RRG that rent harnesses and shoes for outdoor climbing? A coworker has gone to the indoor gym with me a few times and wants to try the real thing; but does not intend to pick it up as a regular past time so it doesn't make sense for him to go drop coin on the gear. I have one spare harness; but its a medium and he isn't very medium to say the least. :D He's made a good effort over the past year to start living healthier and getting on a few top roped 5.7-8's would really boost his confidence. TIA!
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

you could PM RRO and see if they rent gear. that's your best option. otherwise you'd have to either buy it or maybe see if one of your friends would loan you some for a weekend.
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
GWG

Post by GWG »

I got a couple of old harnesses from a gym that was shutting down. They've come in handy several times when friends/family wanted to try it out. Might look at getting one of these types of harnesses just for opportunities like this. You'll find that you'll use them more often than you realize.
endercore

Post by endercore »

sounds like hiring a guide would be the best choice for your friend. No hassle with coming up with the gear, someone to show him the sport and where are the good easy climbs are. Plus you don't have to deal with a boring day at the crag!