Snake

Selling some gear? Find or lose something?

Snakes?

Poll ended at Fri May 22, 2009 12:35 am

Yes
26%
No
74%

Total votes: 19

john e aragon

Snake

Post by john e aragon »

If you saw a snake would you get close enough to kill it?
because i can
ditzywonder

Post by ditzywonder »

only if i felt like my life was in immediate danger and it wasnt already running away.
black diamonds are a girls best friend
p0bray01

Post by p0bray01 »

why these posts? Why?
"The Mountains are my church and climbing is how I worship" - Tommy Caldwell
whatahutch

Post by whatahutch »

hahahaha... Because it is outdoorsey...And climbers are outdoorsey...and we see copperheads in the southern region quite often. And yes I would get close enough to kill it there. No matter if it was in my backyard or the southern region I would get close enough to kill it because I would want to identify it, first. If it was in the southern region and poisonous then I would leave it alone, even though it could strike the next climber to come down the trail (I sure can't put a chalked X on its head can I to warn of the danger). However, if it was in my backyard and poisonous I would kill it (or give it to MOB). If it wasn't I would move it to my neighbors yard (jungle) that it came out of it.
So yes!
"Come to send, not condescend" - Eddie Vedder
DriskellHR

Post by DriskellHR »

People that kill snakes are just plain dumb and uneducated about the ecosystem and its balance......:roll:

If your in the woods look for the snakes that live there. How smart do you have to be to understand this? Its their domain and we are the guests. How would you feel if someone came into your living room and cut your head off ith a shovel?

lamer than lame folks :roll:
"....... Be sure to linger......." Mike Tucker
DriskellHR

Post by DriskellHR »

People that kill snakes are just plain dumb and uneducated about the ecosystem and its balance......:roll:

If your in the woods look for the snakes that live there. How smart do you have to be to understand this? Its their domain and we are the guests. How would you feel if someone came into your living room and cut your head off ith a shovel?

lamer than lame folks :roll:
"....... Be sure to linger......." Mike Tucker
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

As I was leaving the hospital the other night, I saw a small garter snake wrapped around the corner of the wall by the outdoor stairs. When I rounded the corner, planning to shoo him into the grass, I found that some big, brave person had stomped his head. How daring! He, or she, was a whole foot long.
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
Basta916

Post by Basta916 »

[quote="dipsi"]As I was leaving the hospital the other night, I saw a small garter snake wrapped around the corner of the wall by the outdoor stairs. When I rounded the corner, planning to shoo him into the grass, I found that some big, brave person had stomped his head. How daring! He, or she, was a whole foot long.[/quote

YES... there are some real heroes out there... that guy and his foot saved the world... I bet his dick gained 1/2" to 1" ....
brewbob

Post by brewbob »

Snakes have feelings too!
they are an important part of the eco-system and keep the noobs off of some of the nice routes :wink:
BD
krampus

Post by krampus »

of course I would get close enough to kill it, but I would probably pick it up and play with it instead....I miss Steve Erwin
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared