road to motherlode

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
TVA

road to motherlode

Post by TVA »

it's been a while and i was wondering the current conditions of the road to motherlode. i have a new honda fit (similar to civic). do you think it will make it out of there without getting beat up?
der uber

Post by der uber »

I bottomed out in my 97 maxima a few weeks ago, but it wasn't that bad. A fit seems risky to me, as there's some serious high/low spots midway, and that's a newer, nicer vehicle.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

the road is bad right now. But on saturday a prius got out alright.
Living the dream
TVA

Post by TVA »

thx for the replies. how about muir valley? is the road open and in decent condition?
mcrib

Post by mcrib »

both roads have been paved
"I just want to disappear"
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Last Thursday the road to Muir was in good shape with new large gravel. Rick said he was getting more gravel the next day - Friday. It did rain though, so you might want an official response from him or someone who has been there since.
ahab

Post by ahab »

compared to the road into the southern region, the road into muir resembles I-75.
buy the Ticket take the Ride
p0bray01

Post by p0bray01 »

You guys need a jeep. :)

Man I haven't been down to the southern region in forever. Muir Valley was fine about 3 weeks ago...lots of downed trees and stuff, just take it slow.
"The Mountains are my church and climbing is how I worship" - Tommy Caldwell
DuppyC

Post by DuppyC »

I have a '94 rear-wheel drive Q45 that made it down to and up from to the Drive-By lot. I was prepared to leave it at the lot and report it stolen to the insurance if I could not get it back up. You'll be fine, just gun it dodge the low points.
"No one has to do something he doesn't want to do for the rest of his life. But then again, if that's what you end up doing, by all means convince yourself that you had to do it; you'll have lots of company." HST
Wes

Post by Wes »

I see a lot of "normal" cars down there, so I guess people are getting them in and out. But, one thing to remember: Do not park at the top of the hill!
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda