The ongoing weekend idiot report

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
tania

Re: The ongoing weekend idiot report

Post by tania »

Was over by Windy Corner and saw a dude that had brought up bright yellow duct tape to use for tape gloves.
"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go." ~Keith Urban
ynp1

Post by ynp1 »

Did he send?
I don't have haters, I have fans in denial.
whoneedsfeet

Post by whoneedsfeet »

All of my friends named Paul are idiots. This is a fact.
Skipping cruxes is a way of life.
businessprofessional

Post by businessprofessional »

I hate being mocked by Frogs and Feet.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

watched two idiots show up to bolt a route and proceeded with the following: Not enough hangers, picked a line of choss, two bolts drilled were instant spinners, spent half a day cleaning it and its still dirty, they ugly, they smell, and they didn't even get to climb it.
Living the dream
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

You're a disgrace to the Fowler family name, Andrew. You should've at least climbed it.
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

Andrew wrote:watched two idiots show up to bolt a route and proceeded with the following: Not enough hangers, picked a line of choss, two bolts drilled were instant spinners, spent half a day cleaning it and its still dirty, they ugly, they smell, and they didn't even get to climb it.
Cromper and his sidekick?
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

dustonian wrote:
Andrew wrote:watched two idiots show up to bolt a route and proceeded with the following: Not enough hangers, picked a line of choss, two bolts drilled were instant spinners, spent half a day cleaning it and its still dirty, they ugly, they smell, and they didn't even get to climb it.
Cromper and his sidekick?
Possibly, I would like to keep the guilty party's identity secret, but it surely was not me. I can prove this... I don't clean my routes, so it couldn't have been me.
Living the dream
lena_chita

Post by lena_chita »

It is the fall season. Time to bring the thread back?

On Saturday at the Military wall (yeah, what was I thinking?) we were packing up at the end of the day in the Minimum Creep/Nicoderm area when two people showed up to climb Danita Dolores as their last climb of the day. The guy climbed it quickly and without any problem, until he called for a take. At which point his belayer yelped, and we look over to see her twisted around, because she was belaying with her gri-gri attached to the little plastic gear loop. And the harness was loose enough that it just twisted around on her when the climber took (No, it wasn't full-strength Metholius SafeTech harness, not that you'd want to belay off your gear loop, anyway). Fortunately, the gear loop did not break in the initial take, and my partner still had his harness on, so he quickly set up his gri-gri below hers and lowered the climber.

Nobody's hurt, and everyone properly-shaken into always remembering their pre-climb checks. Which is the best kind of it-almost-happened report.
lena_chita

Post by lena_chita »

Also Military Wall on Saturday, the left of the two 5.9s.

After a few false starts, a guy climbs to the second bolt, hangs the draw on the second bolt, and asks for a slack. He is obviously a new climber, but he looks solid enough, with good feet and a gigantic jug for a hand, no Elvis leg or desperation going on... YET. But instead of giving him slack, his belayer says, no. What is you fall there while I give you slack? Then you would deck. I am not going to give you slack.

Umm... yes, that is true. And the solution is? Obviously, in this case, you need to argue with your climber. For a long while, preferably.