Bolt the cracks and stop hiding...

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?
512OW

Bolt the cracks and stop hiding...

Post by 512OW »

I was thinking at work today... and as usual it wasn't about work.

I used to be of the opinion that bolting cracks would dumb down an important part of climbing.

I think I was wrong.

Instead, leaving cracks unbolted dumbs down climbers.

See, most of the traddies around the Red, and everywhere else I've been, are whiney, scared little bitches. They hide behind the word "trad" like its some special shit. Well, I hate to break it to you for the umpteenth time, but its NO MORE DIFFICULT than sport climbing. If anything, its easier.... trivial movement comparitively. However, rather than learn to actually jam, or smear, or armbar, you little bitches just say "trad grades are so much harder, its real rock climbing, and you have to actually place your own gear... and my vagina hurts".

So I say we bolt all the cracks. Inhibitor included, and then call out all you fuckin pansy ass traddies who hide behind 5.10 trad as being "hard".

Merry Christmas.
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com
sharon9999

Post by sharon9999 »

Do you need a hug??
powen01

Post by powen01 »

I thought it was about minimizing environmental impact, not soothing egos... but I do see your point.
512OW

Post by 512OW »

powen01 wrote:I thought it was about minimizing environmental impact, not soothing egos... but I do see your point.
It would minimize environmental impact. First, all of the idiots would just quit climbing because they couldn't hide their suck behind the word "trad" anymore. Second, since there is no gear to fiddle with, and no half baked newb who can't place a #2 camalot correctly tryin to run it out through the "crux" on his 5.8 "proj".... there would be less cratering.

Less people + less injury = more fun.
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com
512OW

Post by 512OW »

sharon9999 wrote:Do you need a hug??
No my dear, I just need to rid the world of whiners.
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com
JR

Post by JR »

Only a handful of cracks would even be worth bolting. Don't waste your time.

Inhibitor would be sweet to bolt though. It is right by my other favorite 11(King Me).

But wait a minute. If you bolt Inhibitor then you will have to make a nasty rap song about yourself.
Fartspray

Post by Fartspray »

Isn't bitching about whiners another form of whining?
512OW

Post by 512OW »

Nope, thats bitching. Whole nother animal.
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com
512OW

Post by 512OW »

JR wrote:Only a handful of cracks would even be worth bolting. Don't waste your time.

Inhibitor would be sweet to bolt though. It is right by my other favorite 11(King Me).

But wait a minute. If you bolt Inhibitor then you will have to make a nasty rap song about yourself.
I've already started it. Just wait till spring when those shiny bolts pop up...
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com
woodchuck008

Post by woodchuck008 »

Sounds like someone is asking for some real traddie ass kicking with those remarks. Just take the time to learn how to jam cracks junior, and learn why 'trad is the real way of life. Just because you can't, don't start planning to bolt up what you won't try.