KT Brown in Alpinist 25

Other Crags, Aid Climbing, Bouldering, etc...
captain static

KT Brown in Alpinist 25

Post by captain static »

So I picked up a copy of Alpinist 25 after hearing that Katie had an article in it. Excellent writing work! So after reading Katie's piece I started thumbing through and reading more articles. The next thing I knew it was 1am. Some excellent writing throughout the issue. Beth Rodden has an article on her "Meltdown" route. But I have to tip my hat to her husband for an excellent article on the history of El Cap climbing. Tommy Caldwell tackles a marathon subject and keeps it interesting between his personal perspective and snippits from Valley legends. This is a must read for any new climber or for anyone not familiar with the history of Valley climbing so that you can learn how much our sport has been influenced by what has transpired on the Big Stone.
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
ynp1

Post by ynp1 »

captain static, WORD! the best mag. ever written, hands down...
I don't have haters, I have fans in denial.
lordjim_2001

Post by lordjim_2001 »

ynp1 wrote:captain static, WORD! the best mag. ever written, hands down...
QFT!
Screw you guys. I'm going bowling.
GWG

Post by GWG »

Has been worth every penny of the subscription. If you are not familiar with it, check it out.

On another note, just got my 2008 publications from The American Alpine Club, one of which is Accidents in North American Mountaineering. Some interesting reading. After each instance, there's an "Analysis" section which is very good.