?new route at roadside?

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
merrick

?new route at roadside?

Post by merrick »

Hey, i know i have been out of the loop for awhile so you guys might have already discussed this. i searched the board but nothing came up. I was at roadside today and noticed what I think is a new sport route between jump for joy and motha. the bolts were new and shiny and there was hardly any chalk on it. i got on it and it seemed 5.9ish.

Does anybody know what this is called and what the consensus grade is?
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

To the best of my memory it is called "fadda" 5.10a johnny put it up. Im sure this info will be corrected if I wrong.
gulliver

Post by gulliver »

I think I ran across that route in a rock climbing .com post, I thought they just had the wrong name for motha. Can't remember what they were calling it. gotta go to work, or I'd give it quick searchfor you.
merrick

Post by merrick »

This is what i found on rock climbing .com. It sounds like it is it and it has been there for awhile now. oddly it was out of order on rock climbing.com and the description also claims that it is left of motha. but what i climbed was to the right of motha. weird. i suspect someone just got their directions confused.

Fadda
Difficulty: 5.10a
Protection: Bolts to Chains
Description: Just to the left of Motha is this quality slab route. Start on good pockets and move up through thinning holds with a couple of long moves. Runs about 45 to 50 feet.
Updated By: jdean
Updated On: Oct 29 2002

it was pretty fun but not incredible.
Back from the Dead!
merrick

Post by merrick »

or maybe i am confused about which climb motha is. that is probably more likely.
Back from the Dead!
Wes

Post by Wes »

Motha is the trad face climb with anchors between the two sport routes. Five finger discount is the next line. I have heard of many people thinking Fadda was Motha and that it was a 5.7 sport route.

Wes
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
SikMonkey

Post by SikMonkey »

Merrick,
Motha is the pocketed trad route with the chain anchors right? Fadda is directly left of that. The only route I ever saw to the right of that was Jump for Joy. Is there a new route there now? For the longest time, Fadda is described in the guidebook as a route you can TR from the chains of Motha but it wasn't named Fadda then.

Mj
...quitting drinking is kinda like washing your hands after you take a crap...why start now?
SikMonkey

Post by SikMonkey »

Oh yeah, I was the one who put that description on RC.com. That's cool that you found it. :D

Mj
...quitting drinking is kinda like washing your hands after you take a crap...why start now?
Gretchen

Post by Gretchen »

Wes, Motha is a solo climb for some.... :shock: I always want to kick his butt when he does that!
Just genuinely disengenuous.
SikMonkey

Post by SikMonkey »

Hey I thought about doing that! ......then I thought maybe not....

Mj