Any Difference?

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
Myke Dronez

Post by Myke Dronez »

512OW wrote: There is no real climbing while placing gear. Lets all just face it.
Yeah man, boo on placing gear- gotta run that shit out and get some real climbing done. Placing every ten feet is about as much fun as stop n' go traffic.

And with all due respect Mr. Dub, if twelve trad is soo easy then why are they so vastly outnumbered by twelve sport sends on your spraylist? (I realize this is the Red)- Why no WTOK or Snotrocket? I mean you send harder than that on bolts so they should go down no problem- plug n' chug, all the same right?

As far as this 'sport ethics' discussion goes (is that an oxymoron?)- just do like Rhunt says and trade the stick clip for the bouldering pad. That way blowing it is safer, but still a possibility- which is what makes sport fun.
The only escape is up.
512OW

Post by 512OW »

Myke Dronez wrote:
512OW wrote: There is no real climbing while placing gear. Lets all just face it.
Yeah man, boo on placing gear- gotta run that shit out and get some real climbing done. Placing every ten feet is about as much fun as stop n' go traffic.

And with all due respect Mr. Dub, if twelve trad is soo easy then why are they so vastly outnumbered by twelve sport sends on your spraylist? (I realize this is the Red)- Why no WTOK or Snotrocket? I mean you send harder than that on bolts so they should go down no problem- plug n' chug, all the same right?
You answered your own question. Its the Red. They'll happen in due time. I just started this sport climbing stuff. I'm tryin to get good at it. I'm not even close yet. Once I'm close, I'll go finish off the leftover trad routes. I have what, 5 or 6 5.12 and harder cracks to do here? I have 4783 5.12 and harder sport routes to do. I'm tryin to get strong... not stunt my growth.
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

no he's not..he is a spraying, number chasing self absorbed climber like the rest of us...don't let him fool you with those high and mighty sounding altruistic visions. it's about climbing as hard as you can as fast as you can..or until old age creeps up on you.

and rhunt...shhhhhh, my send MUST remain!
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
512OW

Post by 512OW »

Old age didn't creep up. It wore metal cleats and stomped through the china cabinet of my youth. I ain't scurred. I welcome it. I've always climbed "smarter" not "stronger", so ain't shit changed....

Except I shaved my head to hide the baldness. Or to make me look more "rapperish". One of the two...
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

yeah, baldness is my next greatest fear.....and I can't rap.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.