Heat

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
tomdarch

Post by tomdarch »

Spragwa wrote:I like country music so piss off! :wink: There's nothing wrong with a little Hank, Willie, Merle or Loretta Lynn...and many more.
Again, I'm making with the leg pulling. What's with the Brit-ism of "piss off"? It contradicts the Cowboy hat, Daisy Dukes and can of Pabst image of the Country music fan!

I do like 'the real thing' like Johnny Cash (especially when he's singing a Trent Reznor song!) It's the Top 40, MTV-wannabe crap that or the reactionary hick stuff (which, frankly, is the bulk of Country Music out there) that gives Country a bad name. It's just like how Mr. Mathers or P Diddy give Hip Hop a bad name wiping out the years of hard work of folks like De La Soul or Rakim or Chuck D. And don't get me started on how Top 40 Techno overwhelmed the amazingly good music heritage that started with Chicago House! grrrrrrr!

To quote the Blues Brothers "We got both kinds of music here, Country AND Western!"
Bacon is meat candy.
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

I agree completely. The "new" country sucks ass. There's no soul to it. Now there's the occasional artist who I really like, Dwight Yokum or a band like the Dixie Chicks. But they are sad sad excuses for country. Hell half of them are Canadian :wink:
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast
moonbeam

Post by moonbeam »

Artist of the year and vocalist of the year was a joke last night.
lordjim_2001

Post by lordjim_2001 »

moonbeam wrote:Artist of the year and vocalist of the year was a joke last night.
Let me guess, Alan Jackson?
Screw you guys. I'm going bowling.
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

Spragwa wrote:I agree completely. The "new" country sucks ass. There's no soul to it. Now there's the occasional artist who I really like, Dwight Yokum or a band like the Dixie Chicks. But they are sad sad excuses for country. Hell half of them are Canadian :wink:
No kidding!! "I was country when country wasn't cool." I think that is why Rhunt chastizes me for my music taste.
Rain Man

Post by Rain Man »

Was it Toby Keith? Come on, he and Scott Emrik (sp) should win hands down for writing "The Taliban Song" and a couple other "bus songs".

"You know some day soon we're both gonna saddle up, and it'll be 'ride camel, ride'".

:lol: :lol: That's classic stuff, there.
"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself."
D. H. Lawrence
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

I prefer to blare Willie Nelson and Loretta Lynn in my car to watch Ho and Moya cringe! Damn that's a good time. I can sing "Whiskey River" and "You ain't Woman Enough to Take my Man" at the top of my lungs knowing that every refrain shreads a tear in their souls...sniff...sniff. It's just so beautiful.
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast
tomdarch

Post by tomdarch »

oh, the humanity....
Bacon is meat candy.
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

Let it wail, Sprag, let it wail!

My daughter's cockapoo sings with her, but only to Loretta and Emmylou. That's my grandpup for sure! Freakin' hilarious!
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS