Climbing Gym

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
KD

Re: Climbing Gym

Post by KD »

I still say this thread is a troll
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

I would also like to extend a huge thanks to Bram for getting the ball rolling. While I don't like the crowds either, it is good to see the place flourishing. Bram, you stepped up and had the vision. Thanks again.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
caribe

Post by caribe »

pigsteak wrote:I would also like to extend a huge thanks to Bram for getting the ball rolling. While I don't like the crowds either, it is good to see the place flourishing. Bram, you stepped up and had the vision. Thanks again.
BUMP!!!
512OW

Post by 512OW »

pkananen wrote:
512OW wrote:
clif wrote:
if their is anything you don't know, could you post it to the Jesus H thread?
That's my point Clif. I don't know a damn thing about running or yoga... because I don't need to. Why spend all the time trying to do all the other bullshit you've read will help (weights, running, p90x, yoga, cross training, etc...), when climbing is what makes you better at climbing?
For an overweight man who can't get up 5.8, some of those things certainly will help, if only by taking off the 30 pounds he shouldn't be carrying. For a 5.12 (5.11? 5.10?) climber, those things won't help.
I don't care if you're 80 lbs overweight... if you can't get up 5.8, you need technique QUICK! Agreed though... general fitness is a must if you want to excel at any sport. I'm making the assumption that people who are "into" training are already generally fit.
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com
clif

Post by clif »

could you list the top 3-5 techniques that should be mastered? like drop knee's and arm bars? keeping shoulders and elbows low? resting on skeletal structure and not muscles? breathing? relaxing and using the least amount of energy?

some of these things i learned from swimming, biking, running too.
training is for people who care, i have a job.
toad857

Post by toad857 »

1. Dynos.
2. Figure-fours.
3. Bat-hangs

The rest of climbing is trivial and, in my opinion, a waste of time. Master these techniques and you're good to go. See you on the cover of Rock & Ice.