KY Basketball

Movies, music, food, blood, dogs, Horatio.....

How Far do the KY Wildcats go this year?

Mythical Undefeated Season
40%
Injury ruins Season
17%
Gets rocked at SEC by Florida
13%
Undefeated season through SEC, lose 1st rnd NCAA
7%
Only Loses to Louisville this season
7%
Notre Dame Hires Calipari to be their Football Coach (he's that good)
17%

Total votes: 30

pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

way to ruin a head in the clouds victory andrew..always a downer.

bring em on..ain't a team out there that can beat UK, cept maybe EKU.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
rastaman

Post by rastaman »

Not saying that UK has the strongest strength of schedule, but the article Anderw referenced is from last season and discusses UK's schedule under Billy Clyde. Calipari didn't have much choice at Memphis b/c they played in conference USA (terrible). The SEC isn't great, but Florida took out Mich St. (#2 at the time) and Tenn just took down Kansas (#2). I'd say over the next few years Calipari will work to improve UK's non-conf schedule and hopefully the SEC will improve.

Bottom line is UK is loaded with talented players that perform in crunch time... and are super fun to watch. Great to be a UK fan right now!
be
jordancolburn

Post by jordancolburn »

"Best team money can buy"
-my dad(a UK fan and grad)
Rags

Post by Rags »

the days of the student-athlete in collegiate sports (basketball, football specifically) are long gone. Administrators have embraced the revenue that sports marketing brings to the programs and, as a result, kids are hardly even offered an education.

It's a business and I have come to accept it. Anybody knows who drives the range rovers outside the wildcat lodge? But that being said, Calipari has assembled a hell of a basketball team.

Billy Clyde is probably sitting somewhere warm with a drink in his hand and his pockets full due to a 3 million dollar "firing".
Lateralus

Post by Lateralus »

to go 17 and 0 in college basketball is quite an achievement, especially with a young team. Winning on the road is never easy, a lot of games are anyone's contest when it comes down to it. KY is getting a bull's eye painted on them though, w/ an unblemished record teams are going to play harder to try and be the ones to take them down a notch. The upside is that sometimes a loss is just what a team needs to get a psychological second wind of sorts. Scalpers own those Range Rovers
"Good things take time, impossible things take a little longer"
Percy Gerutty
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

It hasn't happened yet, but I may be about to eat my words. Kentucky is looking scary good.
Living the dream
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

don't worry andrew..UK has a powder puff schedule, so they will not be prepared for the tourney.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
L K Day

Post by L K Day »

Just enjoy every game. We have a great coach and a terrific team, one that plays a style of basketball that Kentuckians love. We even have a pretty good student or two. They don't have to win every game for me to be satisfied. I'm just crazy happy to see a Kentucky team playing real fine basketball, and obviously enjoying every minute of it. There just aren't that many times in most people's lives when things click like they are for these young men right now. Go Cats!
Scott P.

Post by Scott P. »

I like seeing UK win, and I think this team is very good, but it's just not the same to me as the teams from the 90's. Anybody been watching the old games they're showing on the new Wazoo sports channel thats put on by Jeff Sheppard? Last night there was a game on with Rex Chapman. Now that was some freakin' good UK basketball.
charlie

Post by charlie »

Kansas and Cuse both looked effing tight last night. This tourney is far from settled.

Go Cats!