The ongoing weekend idiot report

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
krampus

Post by krampus »

Hey now, AWOL is hard.....if your drunk and its 2am
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
L Day

Post by L Day »

Gunslnga - Of course what I said was half in jest. I don't really want to see it come to violence. But climbers that care about the place need to lean on those who don't, and let them know they will pay a price if they don't clean up their act. Like you said, word gets around.
Shamis

Post by Shamis »

Large tri-cams with a sling attached make pretty nice weapons. Just sayin.
elcapitan1974

Post by elcapitan1974 »

pigsteak wrote:
SCIN wrote:
elcapitan1974 wrote:The sport o yuppie fags must be trashing the sport crags. We only go trad and rarely see garbage at those crags. At the bottom of Chimney or Half Moon has always been a dump. Most traddies say "its lighter going out than it is going in", so pack you shit out where ever you go. Take you trash back to the slum cities you come from. Obud your bringing all the trash to the trad crags, empty your douche bag buddy, it getting funky!
So are you saying that I'm a littering yuppie fag because I climb sport? What is a traddie anyway?
I've seen your wardrobe...you ain't no yuppie.
No, I'm saying you guys want to bash trad climbers, but it seems to me their not the problem. The problem is the young yuppie gym rats that have no respect for others and are playing around waiting for mommy and daddy to clean up after them. The trad crags seem to get less traffic which leads to less trash. All the trash talking about trad climbers is filling up this joint. As I remember, you and your buddy where strong avacates of trad climbing, what happened? Did the ego of putting out rap cds and a guide book get to your heads. Most people I climb with, loved your book and we enjoy it do to the fact it caters to traddies, for the most part. ( 1st edition). So when I get on here, main for the online guide, it pisses me off to here the trad guro's are sell outs! Bolting cracks , thats really going to bring the trash to the "trad crags"! Most backwoods people use NO TRACE ethics, so preach to your young yuppie disciples and maybe your sporting experience will be more priestine!
stoned monkey
elcapitan1974

Post by elcapitan1974 »

bcombs wrote:A traddie is the person standing behind the main character in each of these idiot reports rooting them on so he/she can top rope the ultra hard AWOL.
Wasn't Awol a gear route at one time? You dont see "grid bolting " at the "trad crags". Bolts are considered trash in many places of the gorge and the country!
stoned monkey
elcapitan1974

Post by elcapitan1974 »

bcombs wrote:A traddie is the person standing behind the main character in each of these idiot reports rooting them on so he/she can top rope the ultra hard AWOL.
Wow, your the man, lots of moderate sport, but how many times did you hang on the MIghty Eidson?
stoned monkey
Barnacle Ben

Post by Barnacle Ben »

This thread works on so many levels.
"But the motto was, never think you're that cool - you're still just climbing rocks...in the woods...with bugs...and everyone thinks you're crazy."

- Dave Graham
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

elcapitan1974 wrote:
pigsteak wrote:
SCIN wrote:
So are you saying that I'm a littering yuppie fag because I climb sport? What is a traddie anyway?
I've seen your wardrobe...you ain't no yuppie.
No, I'm saying you guys want to bash trad climbers, but it seems to me their not the problem. The problem is the young yuppie gym rats that have no respect for others and are playing around waiting for mommy and daddy to clean up after them. The trad crags seem to get less traffic which leads to less trash. All the trash talking about trad climbers is filling up this joint. As I remember, you and your buddy where strong avacates of trad climbing, what happened? Did the ego of putting out rap cds and a guide book get to your heads. Most people I climb with, loved your book and we enjoy it do to the fact it caters to traddies, for the most part. ( 1st edition). So when I get on here, main for the online guide, it pisses me off to here the trad guro's are sell outs! Bolting cracks , thats really going to bring the trash to the "trad crags"! Most backwoods people use NO TRACE ethics, so preach to your young yuppie disciples and maybe your sporting experience will be more priestine!
What the hell are you talking about with ego and my guidebook buddy? You don't even know me. I don't have an ego because I compiled a book of facts. That's bullshit. You shouldn't say that.

I'm also not a trad basher. I do get tired of some trad climbers with the holier than thou attitude and it's especially irritating because I used to have that same attitude so I know how it feels. I felt like because I ducked into the woods and played with cams on obscure cracks that I was somehow better than the "sheep" standing in line at the crowded crags. Well, sorry to say but most of those "sheep" are waaaay more driven and dedicated to this sport than I was at the time.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
Shamis

Post by Shamis »

elcapitan1974 wrote:No, I'm saying you guys want to bash trad climbers, but it seems to me their not the problem. The problem is the young yuppie gym rats that have no respect for others and are playing around waiting for mommy and daddy to clean up after them. The trad crags seem to get less traffic which leads to less trash. All the trash talking about trad climbers is filling up this joint. As I remember, you and your buddy where strong avacates of trad climbing, what happened? Did the ego of putting out rap cds and a guide book get to your heads. Most people I climb with, loved your book and we enjoy it do to the fact it caters to traddies, for the most part. ( 1st edition). So when I get on here, main for the online guide, it pisses me off to here the trad guro's are sell outs! Bolting cracks , thats really going to bring the trash to the "trad crags"! Most backwoods people use NO TRACE ethics, so preach to your young yuppie disciples and maybe your sporting experience will be more priestine!
I see you're new to this internet thing.
Crankmas

Post by Crankmas »

people trashing people is one thing but let us pleez leave AWOL out of the fray