10,000 hours?

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.

10,000 Hours=Climbing expert?

You may select 1 option

View results

512OW

Post by 512OW »

rhunt wrote:JR your summary of this thread does not make you an expert.

Chris Sharma is an expert at being a US famous climber, he took the title from Ron Kauk....there are plenty of Euro climbers who climb as hard as Sharma.
There are no Euro climbers who consistently push the boundaries of the sport like Sharma. Not one. Being the first is much harder than following.
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com
512OW

Re: crusty trad climber

Post by 512OW »

geomark wrote:Hey "woman" you are obviously a gym climber who came outside to climb sport. A lot of the old "crusty" trad climbers began climbing before you were born. Some of us began climbing before there were, what you call cams or quick draws or the word "TAKE". Just because someone can't climb 5.13 doesn't mean anything. I'm no expert but how many are there out there. How many sport climbers could even begin to qualify as expert, none. There is alot more to "climbing" then grade. I think a crusty trad climber with 10,000 hrs of multipitch, alpine, route finding, inovating ropework and dicy placements........ is a lot closer to an expert then an sport climbing crag climber. Just an old crusty traddie's thought.
Wow, you're an idiot. She didn't say that 5.13 made you an expert. You invented that.

A crusty trad climber with 10,000 hrs. of multipitch, alpine, route finding, innovating ropework and "dicy" placements is not an expert. He's far more likely to be a guy who's spent 10,000 hours never pushing his limits, pretending that a snow covered 5.6 is "alpine", getting off route on trade routes, using 3 ropes when 1 would work, and STILL not placing his gear correctly or trusting it enough to actually fall on it. ONLY enough to say "TAKE!" at every damn piece.
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com
JR

Post by JR »

geomark wrote:It probably still is like watching paint dry. As being the paint though, I'm having fun drying. Thus the point.
Jesus geomark. You are killing me.

So you might be awful to watch but you are having fun and other climbers that say "take" are not having fun?

One more question.

Do you understand Yasmeen's post?
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

and rhunt isn't from Lex, so JR has no idea what he is saying....duh.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

Artsay wrote:Hours equal experience for pilots, why not climbers?

I think it's because climbing is too broad. Newbies come out of the gym nowadays and send sport 12's in their tennies.
I think it's more because there is a chain of command determining pilots' skillsets, abilities and most incredible of all - integrity. Doesn't exist in climbing. Darn it. :wink:
Crankmas

Post by Crankmas »

I sent it clean and I won't cum in your mouth, can you hand me my Miuras and loosen the rope around my neck pleez
JR

Post by JR »

JR wrote:
rhunt wrote:
Chris Sharma is an expert at being a US famous climber, he took the title from Ron Kauk....there are plenty of Euro climbers who climb as hard as Sharma.

Rhunt was an expert at climbing at the Red River Gorge, he took the title from Pigsteak...there are plenty of Lex climbers who climb as hard as Rhunt.
Come on Pigsteak. These are almost equally nonsensical.

Not funny at all?

Nothing????geez......