Miller Fork

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
Josephine

Re: Miller Fork

Post by Josephine »

ynp1 wrote: Josie said it is closed to climbing... Is this true.
In no place have I ever said climbing was closed. In one post, I indicated that we were closing the sore heel parking lot until 5 pm so that those who were entering a climbing competition may have a place to park. Please do not twist my words.
Is she an official of the cc?
http://rrgcc.org/about-us/meet-the-bod/
Last edited by Josephine on Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
tradotto

Post by tradotto »

So, how about those new toilets over at Muir Valley? Pretty nice place to take a dump, amirite?
clif

Post by clif »

Josephine, i don't think it's anything to worry about; but, the implication from a statement saying 'something will be opened' is that it is 'not opened' or "closed".

anyway, about the clearcut over this serenity point and these 'widowmakers'. private property? does the rrgcc own any of the top of this to clear it off and redirect these stones, if that's what they are?
training is for people who care, i have a job.
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

YNP1 -

I believe these are the words that you are referring to (I searched her recent posts and none say that climbing is closed):
Josephine wrote:

The RRGCC is firmly committed to opening climbing ASAP; however, to have sustainable climbing, we must put in the trials prior to opening the cliff line. Once the trails are established we will be opening cliffs when they're developed.
For climbing to be "closed," it first has to be available, and she also mentioned that the RRGCC is striving to open it as soon as possible. This is challenging, I'm sure, for those who cannot handle delayed gratification, but it is the situation (or was - not sure of the post-JATD status).

A little waiting (and donation) for a lifetime of climbing is worth it, IMO. In the meanwhile, the PMRP, Muir, etc. can help fulfill your climbing needs.
ynp1

Post by ynp1 »

Im really over that point. It looks to me that it is open to climbing, but I will ask you...

How do you open something, if it is not closed? I would think most people after reading that would assume it meant it was closed, until the cc opens it.

I know you don't want to agree with me and you are sticking up for your friend, but it was a whack statement! But, it did end up leading to a lot of good information being released to the public. So all in all it turned out to be a good thing. :)
I don't have haters, I have fans in denial.
ynp1

Post by ynp1 »

So, here's the deal. When I first posted on the topic, I showed my girl friends, and she said I was being a hypocrite because I don't donate to the cc. I told her how I have in the past, with both time and money, but that now I don't donate to organizations I don't believe in.

So, I made a deal with her. If I got a quick reply about if the area is open or closed to climbing I would donated $50. For every negative comment I would take away $5 from my donation. I knew this was a safe bet! And it was. I took 11 comments as negative before Pig jumped in.

But because pig was so helpful I just donated $20. I know it is not a lot, but I don't have much. But, I ask others to go back, and if you think your comment was negative, and not useful on this topic, you should go donate!

Dustonian, I think you need a $25 donation, to refill your karma bowl!

Oh yeah, I never did get a straight yes, or no, to whether it is OPEN or not. But hell this was just a fundraiser anyways!
One-Fall

Post by One-Fall »

ynp1 wrote:So, here's the deal. When I first posted on the topic, I showed my girl friends, and she said I was being a hypocrite because I don't donate to the cc. I told her how I have in the past, with both time and money, but that now I don't donate to organizations I don't believe in.
But you will climb on their land?
Can't we all just get along?
clif

Post by clif »

my question is better. if i drive to the end of serenity point road and start pitching off rocks and unstable debris, will i get shot?
training is for people who care, i have a job.
ynp1

Post by ynp1 »

More negativity... And no, I very rarely climb on their land. I would say in the last 3 years I have climbed on the cc land less then a dozen times...

Now I have climbed on the NFS land A LOT! Maybe I should donate to them... Oh yeah I do every year... Taxes.

Sorry clif I have no answer for you. It is Kentucky, so maybe! TIK!
tactless

Post by tactless »

ynp1 - "still a dumbass"

moderators did a good job with that one.