What are you reading?

Movies, music, food, blood, dogs, Horatio.....
kato

Post by kato »

The Blade Itself
-Joe Abercrombie
No chalkbag since 1995.
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

this gay ass thread.

the warning on my beer can........................................
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
Barnacle Ben

Post by Barnacle Ben »

Right in the middle of Steppenwolf by Herman Hesse. Good, weird, heady. Mindfuck.
"But the motto was, never think you're that cool - you're still just climbing rocks...in the woods...with bugs...and everyone thinks you're crazy."

- Dave Graham
DriskellHR

Post by DriskellHR »

Check out Don Fig's books on the red, they are not in cronological order but a damn good read about the culture/history of the RRG. Good bathroom reader. :)
"....... Be sure to linger......." Mike Tucker
Brentucky

Post by Brentucky »

Barnacle Ben wrote:Right in the middle of Steppenwolf by Herman Hesse. Good, weird, heady. Mindfuck.
Thanks for reminding me to put that BACK on my list, let me know how it goes. I just started "Stranger in a Strangeland" by Robert Heinlein (I think), 10 pages in, and I like where it's headed (I think). Just thought I should inform all those who don't care. Have a good day and get back to work! What the heck happened to the Mr. Green smiley, I wanted to throw it in just now!!! I wonder what Redpoint is reading.
efil lanrete... i enjoy the sound, but in truth i find this seductively backward idea to be quite frightening
Brentucky

Post by Brentucky »

:mrgreen:
efil lanrete... i enjoy the sound, but in truth i find this seductively backward idea to be quite frightening
Barnacle Ben

Post by Barnacle Ben »

Steppenwolf ends up changing gears at about the two-thirds mark. It becomes even more surreal, but probably better. I don't want to give away too much. I would recommend it.

I also just read Lost Horizon by James Hilton. I thought the characters were superficial and the plot thin, but the theme was good. It's marginally climbing-related but anyone who loves mountains would probably appreciate it.

Also just finished Postcards from the Ledge by Greg Child. He has a good sense of self-deprecation and doesn't seem to suffer from delusions of grandeur that you see in a lot of other climbing literature. I thought the Cesen and Bradey 'scandal' articles were the best, or at least the most compelling.

Has anyone read Cloud Atlas?
"But the motto was, never think you're that cool - you're still just climbing rocks...in the woods...with bugs...and everyone thinks you're crazy."

- Dave Graham
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

Half the Sky
http://www.halftheskymovement.org/

One of the coolest ideas mentioned in the book: http://www.kiva.org/
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
Clevis Hitch

Post by Clevis Hitch »

you can read?
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

Clevis Hitch wrote:you can read?
I hope this wasn't directed at Yasi....... :evil:
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS