weight loss

Quit whining. Drink bourbon. Climb more.
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

What, no before and after?
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

Saxman wrote:What, no before and after?
Beautiful before!

Beautiful after!
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
pawilkes

Post by pawilkes »

nice work Josie, i noticed the difference. i saw you eating a salad at miguels the other day and thought "man, after a day of climbing i don't know that would be enough for me'
Sand inhibits the production of toughtosterone, so get it out and send.
der uber

Post by der uber »

Rather than just trying to lose weight, I just started eating healthier, and let the lbs fall where they may.

I cut out sodas (from regular to diet, then from diet to water), started adding fruit, and avoided junk food. I ate a peice of fish instead of a steak. I lost 2-3 lbs.

Now, I probably don't have much fat to lose, and if I gain a few pounds back as muscle, that's ok.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

ain't no way I am giving up Mt. Dew for 2-3 pounds...ain't no way.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
512OW

Post by 512OW »

pigsteak wrote:ain't no way I am giving up Mt. Dew for 2-3 pounds...ain't no way.
Werd.
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

512OW wrote:
pigsteak wrote:ain't no way I am giving up Mt. Dew for 2-3 pounds...ain't no way.
Werd.
i used to drink 3-4 cokes each day. then my friend dared me to go without for 1 year and i took him up on it. now, soda-pop tastes disgusting. and vice versa - i thought soy milk was gross. but after almost 3 months of cereal and soy milk it's really pretty good.

what you eat is just a matter of conditioning. you've been conditioned to like something by years of repeatedly eating/drinking it. it's not that hard to change - you just have to find a good motivation that works for you.

and a salad at miguels is an appetizer :wink:
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
redpointron

Post by redpointron »

der uber wrote:I cut out sodas (from regular to diet, then from diet to water), started adding fruit, and avoided junk food. I ate a peice of fish instead of a steak. I lost 2-3 lbs.
yeah. you're right. pigfish just doesn't have the same ring to it. :wink:
Myke Dronez

Post by Myke Dronez »

I used to do a lot of distance cycling, and only drink water, weighing in at about 130. When I started climbing I got hooked on the Ale 8s and Mig's pie- so much for weight loss :roll:
The only escape is up.
512OW

Post by 512OW »

I generally drink one can of Mt. Dew a day. Sometimes more... but not often.

Soy Milk turns men into women. I want no part of it.
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com