Roadside

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Josephine

Re: Roadside

Post by Josephine »

dustonian wrote:Do you have any idea how much Dr. Bob has done to keep tons of other crags open in the Red?
No he doesn't.
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
Rotarypwr345704

Post by Rotarypwr345704 »

dustonian wrote:Do you have any idea how much Dr. Bob has done to keep tons of other crags open in the Red?
Do you have any idea how much Hitler has done for humanity? And we're upset because he killed a few people?
I fell for the everyone-shut-up-and-ill-donate-money scheme. -Ray Ellington, guidebook gawd

My name is Sam Douglass and I love to pose for photo shoots holding on to a jug with only one hand (and no feet!) with my best friend Ian.
ynp1

Post by ynp1 »

Dr. B compared to hitler... Wow, not even I would go there.

I like bob and I think he has done great things for the red.
I don't have haters, I have fans in denial.
clif

Post by clif »

yeah, people need to wake up, Dr. B is like hitler in a spaceship with nuclear weapons and photon torpedoes. evil, and very cool.

i wonder if the online guide could, instead of 'closed to public' maybe 'limited capacity, register online at...'; or 'available through commercial guiding'?
training is for people who care, i have a job.
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

Is Bob protecting access with Torrent or did he just buy it, pour money into it, and limit climbers to restore and protect the beauty of the place (*cough* nature)?
tactless

Post by tactless »

Rotarypwr345704 wrote:
Do you have any idea how much Hitler has done for humanity? And we're upset because he killed a few people?
Here I thought *I* was tactless.

If you don't like what Dr. B has done for climbing don't climb on land he has purchased, or helped to purchase. Since you seem to lack understanding, I'll make sure to put that in plain english: That means you can climb on the Forrest Service Land or Muir (well, until you disrespect Rick and Liz and (hopefully) get banned from there too). Why don't you buy your very own land and climb there? Then you can open it up for the multitudes to come and destroy. You can pay the taxes and put in trails and we'll all come and have a party at your expense.
Rotarypwr345704

Post by Rotarypwr345704 »

Welcome to the conversation, tactless. You and your 7 posts since 2007. So what screen name do you use full time? At least when I have an opinion, I'll use my only account, pussy. Since you seem to lack understanding, let me put this in plain English: Landowners can do whatever they want with their land and who am I to say anything? Regardless of who they are or what they've done doesn't matter! But I find it comical for someone to say they're going to do one thing, and do the exact opposite. If you want to buy land open it to climbing only to get pissed off because people broke rules that weren't readily accessible and then not allow the community to fix it (owners of Roadside) then do it! Or if you wanna buy land that had been previously closed and decide to only open it to a handful of people per weekend, do it! But don't act like you're preserving access. Because you're not.

And guess what? That's my opinion. And guess what? You don't like it? Feel free to get the fuck over it! Because I will continue to giggle everytime I hear the words Torrent or Roadside muttered. K? KTHXBYE
I fell for the everyone-shut-up-and-ill-donate-money scheme. -Ray Ellington, guidebook gawd

My name is Sam Douglass and I love to pose for photo shoots holding on to a jug with only one hand (and no feet!) with my best friend Ian.
Spikeddem

Post by Spikeddem »

Yasmeen wrote:
cliftongifford wrote:
climb2core wrote:

http://vimeo.com/23633489

Check out the beginning of this promotional guiding video. What crag is the first crag you see?
Illegal guiding, DCC has no access to Roadside. I'm not sure if DCC even exists anymore.
Do you see what happens, Donny!?
Do you see what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!?
Spikeddem

Post by Spikeddem »

How much does the RRGCC pay in taxes on PMRP every year?
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

Torrent is still open to the public, douchebag. Just get your ass out of bed and get a permit--although folks like you don't really deserve it. To compare Bob to Hitler or even Grant & John is flat-out stupid.