Need a partner?
cliftongifford

Post by cliftongifford »

[/quote]so what, you think your better than me now :wink:[/quote]

haha... I'm the best climber to ever exist. :D
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

Meadows wrote:
Danny wrote:Different strokes for different folks. I think it's an awesome route.
Even if people aren't climbing hard sport and up, they are at least getting out and getting some exercise. Every time I end up in a crowd somewhere in Kentucky, I am reminded that not many people exercise.
so now getting up late, mosey around camp organizing clanging things, climbing 2-3 pitches, pontificating to yer gumby trad posse, and then drinking beer is considered "getting exercise"? man, how times have changed. used to be no one drank beer.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

plus, a better use of a person's time (excercise wise) would be to do a hard 30 minute run, and be done for the day. naw, climbing is about excuses, escaping, and pretending that nevermore is worth a day of your life.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
ynot

Post by ynot »

Keee riest! Y'all suck. I climbed Nevermore, met Larry Day, got pulled over and searched, all in one day. It was no waste of my time. It was exciting and even if you don't call climbing it excersise, the walkup damn sure is. There's a couple other things there so it's a good day of trad. screw what the rest of you think. The view off the backside is pretty stellar too.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

Actually that's more exercise than running 30 minutes and then sitting sleeping the other 23.5 hours.
512OW

Post by 512OW »

cliftongifford wrote:It really doesn't matter to me what people say about the route, I'm going to climb it anyways. I never asked if I should climb it or not. And please don't call me a gumby just because you have climbed longer than I or can climb a little harder. Just because I can't climb 5.13 doesn't make me a gumby. Assholes.
No, but it apparently makes you overly sensitive...
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com
512OW

Post by 512OW »

TradMike wrote:It is a dirty climb but a fun adventure. It looks like there could be some great sport routes on the top half off to the left. To bolt or not to be type climbing.
Adventure? Its a 180 foot climb within sight of the road, and even closer to houses. You walk down an old road to get off of it...

What about it, other than choss, constitutes adventure???
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com
captain static

Post by captain static »

pigsteak wrote:so now getting up late, mosey around camp organizing clanging things, climbing 2-3 pitches, pontificating to yer gumby trad posse, and then drinking beer is considered "getting exercise"? man, how times have changed. used to be no one drank beer.
Back in the day we did it in the reverse order. Drink beer into the wee hours pontificating to our posse how we were going trad climbing after the party. Head down sometime after midnight and crash in the Love Shack. In the morning drag our butts & racks way back in the woods to do one new choss line and call it an EPIC.
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
512OW

Post by 512OW »

Captain, if you called it trad climbing back then, you were a gumby. Back then, it was just climbing.
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com
cliftongifford

Post by cliftongifford »

512OW wrote:
cliftongifford wrote:It really doesn't matter to me what people say about the route, I'm going to climb it anyways. I never asked if I should climb it or not. And please don't call me a gumby just because you have climbed longer than I or can climb a little harder. Just because I can't climb 5.13 doesn't make me a gumby. Assholes.
No, but it apparently makes you overly sensitive...
I guess so. I'm a sensative person.
But really, what gumby even considers climbing 5.9+R multi-pitch trad routes?
and why should I consider listening to someone that'd argue that a 5.10 sport route is just as hard to send as a 5.10 trad route? haha... you make me laugh!