Angelina Jolie on Iraq

Discussions full of RAGE!
Fartspray

Post by Fartspray »

Last edited by Fartspray on Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L K Day

Post by L K Day »

Beauty and brains!
krampus

Post by krampus »

I must have missed the article when Al Qaeda said "we're Al Qaeda in Iraq". Isn't that one of those beautiful euphemism that have plagued this war from the start. Wait, wait, I am sorry, this is the opposite of a euphemism, one of the only slogans since the start of the war that tries to paint a dark picture, helped us to cope with "shock and awe", and "Operation Enduring freedom"
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
L Day

Post by L Day »

caribe

Post by caribe »

Al Qaeda in Iraq and we call ourselves Al Qaeda in Iraq. That is hilarious! Oh . . . ok . . . so I guess we better stay over there for a decade. Sounds good. You R gullible. Yeah we sold Saddam all his weapons and we watched him use them. We knew he decommissioned them. The intelligence reports were right. Intelligence was not the problem. The reports were simply twisted by this administration and they lied to us outright.

They also lied to us about Iraq's involvement in 911. This administration and all our intelligence knew that Iraq was NOT involved in 911.
caribe

Post by caribe »

from wikipedia Day's post
Al Qaeda in Iraq is a term to describe the group which is playing an active role in the Iraqi insurgency. The group was led by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi until his death in 2006; it is now believed to be led by Abu Hamza al-Muhajir[3] (aka Abu Ayyub al-Masri[4]).
============

Again, this insurgency is in response to the American invasion. Don't be a tool and get all emotional because we call them Al Qaeda. Don't use the fact that we call them Al Qaeda as a reason for the war.

Man, is this silly.

:|
krampus

Post by krampus »

In any case, it is a term that we designated for these insurgents that do not seem to refer to themselves as al qaeda in iraq. Thank you for supporting my statement with wikipedia references.
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
caribe

Post by caribe »

Krampus: "shock and awe", and "Operation Enduring freedom"

is hilarious, but people actually eat this shit up. I have often wondered how Nazi Germany could have come to be. How could people support such viciousness. I wonder less. The problem is that we can see ourselves. We are and they were blinded by patriotism.

The first two strikes in "shock and awe" were clean misses and yielded only civilian casualties. We have killed many more civilians than Saddam ever did. Basically, he was bad but we are worse. How can we stomach such nonsense?! Yet we do. We do . . . and while we do we think we are doing the world a favor. :shock: and awe!
Lander

Post by Lander »

caribe wrote: They also lied to us about Iraq's involvement in 911.
It's a little off topic but I can't let this one go by. This is something that I've heard people on the left say many times and nobody ever challenges them on it. I was paying attention in the time leading up to the war, and since then, and I never heard anybody from the administration say anything like that. Can you provide us with a quote backing up your assertion? If so, I'll concede the point.
"Doin' right aint got no end." - CRLT
Lander

Post by Lander »

caribe wrote: We have killed many more civilians than Saddam ever did.
Another blanket statement. Can you provide us with statistics?
"Doin' right aint got no end." - CRLT