Muir Valley Concerns

Innocent subjects that took a turn for the worst.
chriss

Post by chriss »

DuppyC wrote:
Saxman wrote:Maybe a sign that reads, "Unleashed dogs will be considered wild animals and will be shot on site." This would have to be in 20 languages and braille of course.
This is my personal belief as well.

If a dog that is not mine walked on my rope, dug through my bag looking for food, or otherwise distracted my belaying/climbing while not on leash, I'm kicking it hard with the intent to do some serious internal damage and hopefully not see it back at the crag.
I love ignorant statements such as this one. Hopefully if this ever does happen I am at the crag and see it happen. I'm pretty sure you would be the one not walking for the rest of the day. Uncalled for violence towards animals that can not defend themselves should never be tolerated. The proper thing to do is to talk to the dog owner.
gunslnga

Post by gunslnga »

ELECTRIC DISCIPLE WROTE......
Question: How can the Webers (or anyone owning climbing land) limit access to the property? Seems pretty hard to secure that size of a property.

Gunslnga retorts.......
I have been at Muir and had Rick or Eric come out of nowhere and before I took a second look they were gone again. The thing is, they are busy maintaining the safety of the climbs, the trails in and out, and of course they're house and it's facilities. They should'nt have to police anything, most of us are adults and are aware of the rules. In reference to your statement, it could be policed very easily, starting with the parking lot between 8:00 and 11:00, informing people verbily of the stiff consequences reguarding they're dog being off leash. Then for about a month, enforce it heavily, anyone caught, is out of Muir, until Rick or Liz decide if you can come back or not. Once you kick a few out, and they go back to Miguels to whine about it, the news will spread fast, bad news always does. At this point, 90% of the problem will be solved, the rest can be handled by the Knowledgable and friendly climbers who leash they're dogs, and tell the few retards left that when they signed the waiver it explained the dog rules. Not that the Webers should have to spend any money on signs, but one at each trail head would help to be a visible deterent as well. If that does'nt work, there's always Claymore mines :shock: :lol:
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.....
krampus

Post by krampus »

Claymore mines? Thats so nineteen forties
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
ElectricDisciple

Post by ElectricDisciple »

If we care so much about keeping areas in which we climb open and free to not only ourselves but others as well, it seems only logical that we take an almost militant stand against those who violate the certain ethic that is prevalent here at the Red. Tactful resolution in all cases, and in a few others, it seems that we need to sometimes kick people out and tell them their behavior is not welcomed.

Thoughts?

and in light of Todd's comment, how about one of us start a towing company for offending climbers in MV? Impound their cars, 100bucks to get them out, inform them of the reason the car was towed (dogs, etc) and use the 100 for bolt maintenance or improvements?

Partially serious, partially joking... you decide.
Last edited by ElectricDisciple on Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gunslnga

Post by gunslnga »

krampus wrote:Claymore mines? Thats so nineteen forties
Oh, sorry, used many of these, they always worked as intended.
Maybe I'll spend some more money and use Proximity mines or infrared guided Bouncing Bettys. :twisted:
krampus

Post by krampus »

Bouncing Bettys, sounds fun, I'll take two please
ReachHigh

Post by ReachHigh »

I think I knew her.
"there's a line between self improvement and self involvement"
"Dogs are nature's pooper scoopers ."
gunslnga

Post by gunslnga »

krampus wrote:Bouncing Bettys, sounds fun, I'll take two please
Yeah, shes a hyper little bitch, she jumps UP 3 feet and then gets mad and blows up on you!!!
Last edited by gunslnga on Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rhunt

Post by rhunt »

I'm telling you, doggy day-care at the Red is the future.

I wonder how many dogs would be forced to bake in a car or be tied up outside in the parking lot if MV went to a 'no dogs' rule?
"Climbing is the spice, not the meal." ~ Lurkist
krampus

Post by krampus »

sounds like we are back to doggy BBQ